cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the Sx20 connect to Webex Connect and Callmanager without a VCS?

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

We have a few standalone sx20's that use webex connect, but would like them to be able to communication with callmanager video endpoints as well.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

CCM 8.6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ben, you're correct, selecting a native CUCM registration will disconnect you from the WebEx TelePresence (Callway) service.  There is no easy way to accomplish what you are looking for without a VCS.  You are connected to a cloud service, that performs Call Control comopletely detached from the internal network with CUCM.  VCS Control and Expressway would enable this through a standard deployment.

I wouldn't recommend this, but the only way to accomplish this would be to manually change the endpoint over to a CUCM registration and then back to WebEx TelePresence each time.  WebEx TP will allow you to re-register the same endpoint with the same MAC multiple times. The problem is that this workaround does not scale.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That is possible.

You can register the SX20s directly to 8.6 call manager.

Check this link for a quick start guide named: "Administering TC endpoints on CUCM 8.6"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/cts_endpoint_administration_ucm86_quick_start_guide_tc50.pdf

//Marius

When I select CUCM instead of Callway it won't be connected to webex connect though, correct?  I'd like it to connect to both at the same time.

Ben, you're correct, selecting a native CUCM registration will disconnect you from the WebEx TelePresence (Callway) service.  There is no easy way to accomplish what you are looking for without a VCS.  You are connected to a cloud service, that performs Call Control comopletely detached from the internal network with CUCM.  VCS Control and Expressway would enable this through a standard deployment.

I wouldn't recommend this, but the only way to accomplish this would be to manually change the endpoint over to a CUCM registration and then back to WebEx TelePresence each time.  WebEx TP will allow you to re-register the same endpoint with the same MAC multiple times. The problem is that this workaround does not scale.

Thanks George.  That's what I thought as well, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't any other way.

Revised April 30, 2013

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/webex_enabled_telepresence/cts_webex_call.html

Introduction

This chapter describes how to configure call control for Cisco WebEx Enabled TelePresence meetings.

To begin using Cisco WebEx Enabled TelePresence, you must configure the call control product(s) used in your video network.

There are three possible call control scenarios:

•Cisco TelePresence VCS Control and Expressway

Endpoints are registered to VCS Control and/or Expressway only.

•Cisco Unified CM with VCS Control and Expressway

Endpoints are registered to Unified CM only.

•Cisco TelePresence VCS Control and Expressway with Unified CM

Endpoints are registered to VCS Control/Expressway and Unified CM.