cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the Sx20 connect to Webex Connect ??

Hi,

We are planning  for deploying cisco Telepresence SX 20

1) Is it possbile to let someone join the conference using WebEx?

2) Do i have to purchase  any other device to connect to WebEx?

3) Is it possible to do the conference between other video conferencing device like polycom?

Thanks

Sujish Sudhakaran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think there is some confusion here on what he is asking the answers given.

There is a difference between WebEx Telepresence and WebEx Connect. He is asking for connectivity to WebEx Connect and the ansswers are pointing to WebEx TelePresence (formally called CallWay). The two services are not interoperable without some type of gateway.

So to answer your questions

Can SX20 connect to WebEx Connect session - Short answer is no. but if you have PSTN access through a gateway you can connect audio only. 

1) Is it possbile to let someone join the conference using WebEx? Yes as long as they are using WebEx Connect or connect audio

2) Do i have to purchase  any other device to connect to WebEx? Yes you can configure a PC/Laptop to act as a gateway for your SX20 or see if your WebEx account can have WebEx Enabled TelePresence provisioned on the account.(you would need CUCM(o), MCU(o), VCS Expressway and TMS)

3) Is it possible to do the conference between other video conferencing device like polycom? If you connect the PC/Laptop to the SX20 and that codec "joins" the session you can have the SX20 dial out to other VTC Codecs or to an MCU.

Teh PC/Laptop must have athe ability to take in the audio and video from the camera and microphone then pass that to the WebEx session then have the program audio and video from WebEx sent back to the CODEC.

See a product from Vaddio called the Vaddio Easy USB AV Bridge I have never used this product as i have always used seperate A/V devices to accomplish the same thing, but I think if I have to do it again I would explore this option.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

hi Sudhakaran,

yes can be connected to SX20

You can use the following Cisco devices with a WebEx Telepresence

subscription:

• Cisco IP Video Phone E20

• Cisco TelePresence Quick Set SX20

• Cisco TelePresence System Quick Set C20

• Cisco TelePresence System Codec C40, C60, and C90

• Cisco TelePresence System Profile 42-inch, 52–inch, 55–inch, and

65–inch

• Cisco TelePresence System EX60 and EX90

• Cisco TelePresence System MX200 and MX300

• Cisco TelePresence VX Clinical Assistant

please refer to

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16178

the guide has all the information.

you would have to get bridge subscription

Cisco WebEx Telepresence bridge/personal bridge

i am not very sure on the interop calls between other devices

Regards

Ravi Kr

I think there is some confusion here on what he is asking the answers given.

There is a difference between WebEx Telepresence and WebEx Connect. He is asking for connectivity to WebEx Connect and the ansswers are pointing to WebEx TelePresence (formally called CallWay). The two services are not interoperable without some type of gateway.

So to answer your questions

Can SX20 connect to WebEx Connect session - Short answer is no. but if you have PSTN access through a gateway you can connect audio only. 

1) Is it possbile to let someone join the conference using WebEx? Yes as long as they are using WebEx Connect or connect audio

2) Do i have to purchase  any other device to connect to WebEx? Yes you can configure a PC/Laptop to act as a gateway for your SX20 or see if your WebEx account can have WebEx Enabled TelePresence provisioned on the account.(you would need CUCM(o), MCU(o), VCS Expressway and TMS)

3) Is it possible to do the conference between other video conferencing device like polycom? If you connect the PC/Laptop to the SX20 and that codec "joins" the session you can have the SX20 dial out to other VTC Codecs or to an MCU.

Teh PC/Laptop must have athe ability to take in the audio and video from the camera and microphone then pass that to the WebEx session then have the program audio and video from WebEx sent back to the CODEC.

See a product from Vaddio called the Vaddio Easy USB AV Bridge I have never used this product as i have always used seperate A/V devices to accomplish the same thing, but I think if I have to do it again I would explore this option.

Hi Lawrence,

thank you for correcting me if the customer is asking the same webex connect.

then yes he cannot connect direclty an SX20 ,

he can be on a call with one user on webex connect and another on sx20 by using cisco meeting place bridge.

Regards

Ravi kr.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Sudhakaran Sujish wrote:

3) Is it possible to do the conference between other video conferencing device like polycom?

Yes, you can connect to all standard based videoconferencing systems such as Polycom, LifeSize etc.

Dialling method depends on how these systems have been configured and deployed.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Our webex account is meeting center pro, so can sx 20 join to the webex? How?

Thanks.

@blackswans wrote:

Our webex account is meeting center pro, so can sx 20 join to the webex? How?

Thanks.

You have asked this in relation to a 5 year old post which would have been very different versions of everything.  A lot has changed since then.   I'd recommend that you start a new discussion with your question, especially as this thread is marked as "answered".

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: