cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can TMS populate touch 10's installed for the video codecs ?

JJ77
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to prepare an inventory of video infrastructure and managed to get all the information extracted from TMS except the touch 10's

Is there a easy way of getting information on touch 10's connected to each video codec 

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS doesn't specifically manage the Touch10 panels, they're just considered part of the endpoint (like a microphone - they're not recorded or managed either).

You can get some basic details via TMS by looking in the "Extended Settings" page for each individual endpoint.  In the "System Status" section, there are details of the touch in the "Peripherals" section:

Peripherals ConnectedDevice HardwareInfo: 102310-1
 Peripherals ConnectedDevice ID: ab:cd:ef:12:34:56
 Peripherals ConnectedDevice Name: Cisco TelePresence Touch
 Peripherals ConnectedDevice SoftwareInfo: ce9.4.0.62bc0aa4505
 Peripherals ConnectedDevice Status: Connected
 Peripherals ConnectedDevice Type: TouchPanel
 Peripherals ConnectedDevice UpgradeStatus: None

You can also grab this info directly from the endpoint via the CLI or by using the API, so you could script it if you needed to.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne !

Just wondering if this functionality will ever be added to TMS System export option since its not practical to individually get this info when there are 300+ endpoints

Thanks again for your response !

@jigneshjani wrote:

Just wondering if this functionality will ever be added to TMS System export option 

If enough people request it to be added, then it (or any other feature) could be.   I'd suggest that you contact your local Cisco Account Manager and ask them to log a Feature Request for this, or to add your support to any existing request there may already be in the waiting list.

I wouldn't hold your breath though, as there was some documentation floating around a few years ago where TMS was being downgraded to a Scheduling System and that all management of the devices and infrastructure would migrate to Cisco Prime.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.