Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we call a non registered endpoint by IP without MCU

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have several endpoints registered with CUCM 9.5. We also have a legacy Tandberg, probably 7 years old located on one of our WAN sites (connected via leased line) that we want to call and receive calls from by IP. We do not have any MCU or other Voice products, only CUCM.

I have been searching  for examples but since I am very new to this subject I would like some help from experienced forum members. From what I understood, to call a registered endpoint from the unregistered one we should dial the ext@CUCMIP, is that right? What about dialling the IP of the legacy unregistered Endpoint from the registered endpoint?

All help is appreciated.

Regards

Moe Shea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need Expressway-C/E to be able to call the endpoint.  CUCM doesn't support IP address dialing, but using an Expressway-C/E you can, see the Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need Expressway-C/E to be able to call the endpoint.  CUCM doesn't support IP address dialing, but using an Expressway-C/E you can, see the Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example.