Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we made a conference without VCS ?

hey,

can we made a conference of multiple endpoint without a gatekeeper by ising only an MCU ?

can an MCU act as a gatekeeper ?

can we replace a VCS with a CallManager Server to act as gatekeeper ?

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Abderrahmane,

C20 doesn't support multisite (embedded MCU).  C60 does support this feature.  So if C60 is involved in a conference then you can use it as MCU.  If not then you need an external MCU for your C20 codecs.

HTH,

Ahmed

View solution in original post

Tamer Ozbay
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Abderrahmane,

If you setup al the endpoint system with H.323 Ip addresses and the MCU with aonther  IP address, you can make a multipoint conference without VCS. The only rule is all the Ip addresses must connect each other wothout any problem.

All the endpoint will call the IP address of the MCU and than they will select the meeting room ID.

This is the pure H.323 network without any gatekeeper. The disadvanteg is there is no call control and you need the know the IP addresses of the all systems...

Best Regards..

Tamer...

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Abderrahmane,

Can you give more info about the MCU you will be using?

There is a built-in gatekeeper in MCU. So for sure you can use it without a VCS. Still you did not give enough about your solution.  You can also replace the VCS with CUCM but it will also depend on the video endpoint you have in your network.  some must be used with VCS.

For the MCU configuration as gatekeeper please find details here.

HTH and regards,

Ahmed

hey thanks for your answer , another question a frind of mine did assist a conference of four endpoint without using an MCU , is that posssible ?

if in my case i have 3 c20 and one c60 si that possible without an MCU.

thanks.

Hi Abderrahmane,

C20 doesn't support multisite (embedded MCU).  C60 does support this feature.  So if C60 is involved in a conference then you can use it as MCU.  If not then you need an external MCU for your C20 codecs.

HTH,

Ahmed

hey ahmed, so if i follow your advice i configure each C20 with h323 id and ip address and use h323ID@IP for dialing without the need of other configuration ?

thanks.

thorstenn
Level 4
Level 4

It depends on what licenses you have on your endpoints. With multisite feature you can build a conference with up to 3 participants. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi,

can we made a conference of multiple endpoint without a gatekeeper by ising only an MCU ?

Yes , C series EP ( C 40 , C 60 , C 90 , SX 20) supports 3 Video and 1 audio .

If you have any of above EP with MS option then MS call is possible.

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Tamer Ozbay
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Abderrahmane,

If you setup al the endpoint system with H.323 Ip addresses and the MCU with aonther  IP address, you can make a multipoint conference without VCS. The only rule is all the Ip addresses must connect each other wothout any problem.

All the endpoint will call the IP address of the MCU and than they will select the meeting room ID.

This is the pure H.323 network without any gatekeeper. The disadvanteg is there is no call control and you need the know the IP addresses of the all systems...

Best Regards..

Tamer...

Hi Tamer,

What do you mean by the MCU? We have two C60s (not provisioned yet). We need to perform tests on our custom programmed touch panels, so I configured the VTCs to call each other based on IP. Should they not be able to start a conference without that MCU?

Thanks,

Sinan

MCU is for multipoint conference , in your case it's point to point and you don't need an MCU.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: