cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we use multiple DN on CUCM for SX20 C-seris...

Amine Majdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I need to know if we can use a multiple DN (Directory Number) for the same system telepresence like SX/C/DX/...

Thank you for your help

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX and C series can only have single DN. The DX can have multiple DNs.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji,
Thank you for your answer, I have to migrate more than 700 system from VCS to CUCM on migration I need to change a dialing plain of all system, the migration will be on 3 time, we have more than month for transition. on this period we need to use both old and new dial plan. did you have any solution to call system registered on CUCM with two different alias ?
our systems :

TANDBERG Codec C-serise 403
Cisco TelePresence SX20-80 190
TANDBERG EX90+60 66
TANDBERG MXP 46
TANDBERG T1-2 6

Thank you for your help

As Deji just mentioned, the device can only have one real DN, you can create virtual DNs for it, simply using a translation pattern and changing the called number to that DN. The DN can also have several URIs attached to it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much for your answers, it will be very helpful  ;)

Here is what I think you can do

On VCS you will need to create a search rule for all the range of endpoints you have migrated. Ensure the priority on this is set to a lower priority compared to your local zone search rule. This willl ensure that the VCS is searched first for local endpoints and when it doesn't find any endpoint for the called number, it will then search the new rule you have created. The target for this will be your cucm zone..

For each sets of endpoint you migrate from VCS to CUCM, you will need to do the above.

Please rate all useful posts