Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Access the VCS Expressway Web Interface

Hi,

We activated the dual nic of the VCS Expressway by adding an option key on it.

The option key is installed sucessfully and the VCS need to be restarted before the option key will take effect.

After restarting the VCS, we cannot access already the web interface. Before, we can access it via web.

Also checking on the VCS Control traversal client zone, the traversal zone was already in failed mode.

We cannot telnet/SSH the VCS-E box.

The VCS Expressway is not located on the same workstation area and it is located on the remote site so by this time i cannot check the box physically.

What should be checked on the VCS Expressway when i will be visiting on the site?

Thank you for help.

best regards,

Acevirgil

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Acevirgil,

Both interfaces of your VCSe are connected? Did you set any IP settings before restart? What is the version of your VCSe?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

The last thing i did was to verify on the VCS if the LAN2 option is enabled and i didn't do anything then restarted the box. I saw a preconfigured IP address on the LAN2 "192.168.0.100" after verifying and before doing the restart. The VCS is running X7.2.2.

Only LAN1 is connected on the network. LAN2 will be connected when i will be visiting the site.

Thank you for help.

Thank you,

Acevirgil

Well, the only think I could point is the fact that when using both interfaces on VCSe, you normally have to configure static routes on VCSe, because you can only set one default gateway in the web interface, then you would need to set the default gateway as being the external LAN default gateway (normally LAN1) and then you have to create static routes to route the traffic towards VCS Control to the internal LAN default gateway.

When you visit the site you can start your troubleshooting connecting a cable from your PC to VCS's LAN 1, so that you can check the network and IP routing configuration.

If you are not able to access VCS even by connecting to it directly (either LAN 1 or LAN 2), I would suggest you to open a TAC request. TAC support is master in detecting bugs and software failure. You could also check bug tool kit, it is helpfull.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: