Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot upgrade/convert Android DX70 to CE- no UCM

dino55088
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DX70 with no UCM running sipdx70.10-2-1D6-9DEV

I want to convert to CE. I have tried changing TFTP server to  upgrade.cisco.com or 35.185.22.200 as per doco but it says on bottom left of screen "Unsupported Model. Upgrading"

I then read I on the flowchart in conversion doco, that I may need to upgrade to release 10.2.5.212 first.

not sure how can do this without UCM. I have the associated zip file. I unzipped this and put in tftp server but nothing happened as I see incoming connection to tcp 6970 from the DX70 and none to TFTP service.

So a) Can I do this Android upgrade to 10.2.5.212 without CUCM   b) What is best way forward to get to CE load as I do have access to UCM but I would be able to do without CUCM according to doco.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can do it without a CUCM by using a third-party TFTP server.  See: Update Cisco IP Phone Firmware through Third-Party TFTP Server

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes i have upgraded many phones this way but the DX70 will not update.

For starters, i see no incoming UDP 69 TFTP. I only see on my tftp server, tcp 6970 tcp connection attempts from the DX70

Did you try a factory reset on the DX70?

Failing that, you may have one of the engineering versions of the DX70, similar to this post: DX70 UPGRADE, in which case, your best option would be to contact TAC and try to get assistance and possible replacement.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.