cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant send DTMF codes from Cisco Meeting management CMM

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hit team , is there any way to invoke DTMF condes when adding participants to the meeting? The cenario is i have one running meeting and i need to add an external participant behing a mcu our like a ivr and i need to send dtmf codes to select participant room , or even try to add a participant using webex meeting with a pin . I known that i can used TMS for it , but i have some customers without TMS and another use case is that i need to add someone in this situation to a running CMS meeting. Any sugestion? Something like in CMM , click add -> choose participante URI  participant@domain + DTMF pin ?

Best Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sateesh Katukam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately not from CMM at this moment. Instead you can use an API command to add participant along with dtmfSequence. this will help you to send DTMF code.

There is an enhancement request created to support this from CMM in future releases. Enhance request # CSCvn00128

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sateesh Katukam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately not from CMM at this moment. Instead you can use an API command to add participant along with dtmfSequence. this will help you to send DTMF code.

There is an enhancement request created to support this from CMM in future releases. Enhance request # CSCvn00128

I looked in the API document & I'm stull unsure what it means? This is something a video operator will need to do, but not have to decipher API.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-2-9/Cisco-Meeting-Server-API-Reference-Guide-2-9.pdf

"To set a DTMF sequence to get played to a specific participant already in a call: n PUT to /participants/ the request parameter dtmfSequence set to a string of DTMF key sequences to be played to this participant. "

Could someone explain this better? Also can this be done via a browser not postman.
Thanks
-A

The guide provides all the information required to use the API, the objects, the methods and the parameters that are applicable to each object and under which method. If you're not familiar with using the REST API might want to start by reviewing how-to/introduction material to REST API to understand how it works and how to use it, then revisit the CMS API reference.

If your browser has a REST API extension, yes, you should be able to use your browser. CMS also has a built-in API you can use if you have access to Web Admin.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate