Views
Helpful
Replies

CDP , VLAN and Switch information

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

We have about Cisco 100 video endpoints integrated to TMS 15.x .

At present, I am able to get the report from TMS which has system name, Serial number, IP address , Gatekeeper, SIP,version  etc.

But I need to fetch the details  like CDP, VLAN and switch in the report for all endpoints through  TMS which I am not able to get . Is it possible ?

Please advise.

regds,

aman

3 Replies 3

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1
You can retrieve the CDP and VLAN info via the GUI. Below are the instructions to view. 1. Login to GUI (of video endpoint) by putting the IP Address in a Browser. 2. Once on the Home page navigate to Setup > Status > Network and there you will see the data you have indicated.

Hi Aman

I think, it's not possible with TMS. You can use GUI as say Sergio. 

You can use API, If you wish to get information automatically.

For example, SX10 can print infomation via SSH/HTTP/HTTPS API. Command family xStatus Network CDP

You can make a script to collect information from devices.

At simple way you can open a lot of windows at SecureCRT/mPutty and send same commands. Log all and process with Excel. It will not took a lot of time.

Or you can use Postman for XML/Json requests.

For example SX10 API guide https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce92/codec-sx10-api-reference-guide-ce92.pdf

Be ready

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As others haev mentioned, the information you want is not stored in the TMS database, so you won't be able to extract it from there.

Yout best bet would be to get the details directly from each of the endpoints, and do this programattically to traverse through a provided list (which you could get out of TMS).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: