cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE9.2.1 Macro Framework discussions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The new Macro Framework that came with CE9.2.1 allows you to create your own small "features" that runs natively on the codec. You can also create a user interface for your features by combining the In-Room Control feature with the Macro Framework!

Please share your ideas, questions, code and anything else related to the newly released Macro Framework. Happy coding!

PS: The Macro Framework is currently not supported on the SX10 (N)

Please visit the official DEVNET page for ROOM DEVICES. 

https://developer.cisco.com/site/roomdevices/

100 Replies 100

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Autoanswer feature on the endpoint answers the first incoming call, but then prompts you to manually add any further incoming calls.  

Has anyone made a macro to get an endpoint to auto-answer an incoming second/third call with the inbuilt multisite option key?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne, you can use this macro to accept incoming calls.  It works even with auto answer disabled.

const xapi = require('xapi');

function callEvent() {
  //Listen for incoming calls
  xapi.event.on('IncomingCallIndication', (event) => {
    //Accept incoming call
    xapi.command('Call Accept');
  });
}
callEvent();

jornelas74
Level 1
Level 1

Since the green call button cannot be removed, can it be set to dial a specific number?

Yes, if the DX-80 is registered to CUCM. Just configure PLAR for SIP endpoints. Press the Green Button, and it will dial the number.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212073-CUCM-PLAR-Configuration-Example.html#anc6

Thanks, Randy

Thank you Randy!!

Looks like the DX80 does not have the "SIP Dial Rules" option.

Sorry, my bad. I had it working with the Android firmware.

I can't get this to work with CE.

GavP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but I feel like its kinda related. What are the chances of making the serial port on a supported codec into a standard port for serial communications, rather than what it is currently which is a serial port for interfacing with the codec's console/API.

What I mean is, with the Macro Framework it might be possible for the codec to become a basic control system for 3rd party devices such as lights and blinds in simple deployments - by interfacing them directly with the codec using the serial port. Then, instead of the codec sending event notifications from a custom panel (like button press etc) to a 3rd party control system to deal with and send on to the 3rd party device, by using the Macro Framework, perhaps it could generate the appropriate command in the appropriate format for the connected device (say blind system) and send it out the serial port to the device directly. It would need to be able to monitor the serial port for notifications from the 3rd party device so it could then parse and reflect changes on the custom panel based on the actual feedback from the device.

Not sure if this capability would be useful for a large range of customers, however I know we could make use it :)

Interested in peoples thoughts.

Cheers,

Yuki Iwagishi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On Touch 10-CE9, there is no way to display Serial Number of codec. I create short macro to display it.

Then you don't need to go to back end of your display...

const xapi = require('xapi');
function setup() {
  xapi.status.get(`SystemUnit ProductId`)
  .then(product_id => {
        xapi.command('UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue', {WidgetId:'product_id', Value:product_id});
  });
  xapi.status.get(`SystemUnit Hardware module SerialNumber`)
  .then(serial=> {
        xapi.command('UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue', {WidgetId:'serial_id', Value: serial});
  });
}
setup();

Hi,

Is it possible to add a button on Touch 10-CE9 to turn off ( not mute ) MIC 1 and 2 and turn on ( not mute ) MIC 3 and 4 ?
Or a toggle button for 2 scenarios :
- on ( activate button ) -> MIC 1 @ 2 OFF and MIC 3 @ 4 ON
- off ( activate button ) -> MIC 1 @ 2 ON and MIC 3 @ 4 OFF

Thank you !

You can't mute certain microphones, the mute function will mute all microphones.  Only option is to turn off the micorphones you don't want, there is an example macro of this in the marco editor, it's example #12 called "Microphone controls".

Thank you !

How do I create a feedback server to mirror what the macros are doing on other endpoints.

I want to leverage the in room control to create quick dialing buttons to connect to different webex sites within our company.

Hi, 

SX10 does not support Macro. So it supports In Room Control and xAPI. So you can create in room control + http feedback.  Another approach is monitoring SX10 by HTTP or SSh.

@Yuki Iwagishi wrote:

On Touch 10-CE9, there is no way to display Serial Number of codec.

In the newer CE software releases (I tested with CE9.6.0) the serial number is visible on the Touch10 without needing the macro.  On the Touch10 you can go to Settings, About this device, and the Serial number is displayed about half way down the screen.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: