cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change dial in number in TMS for video bridge

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

A user is requesting that the dial in (SIP) number for their video bridge meeting be a specific number.  After creating the meeting you can go into the conference settings of TMS and change the number.  However, it doesn't actually change it.  The number that it was created with is the only dial in that will work.  You can go to the MCU and change it there, however it only shows meetings that are currently happening.  This specific meeting is recurring and not for a few days.

I was curious if there is something missing with TMS that it isn't passing the new number to the MCU properly.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As far as I know there is no way to change a conference number within TMS yourself to make TMS connect the endpoints specifically to something you desire.  I tried that and got the same results as you, TMS will always use whatever it has auto generated for the route.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could create a "permanent" conference on the MCU, then it'll always be there, with the same number.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As far as I know there is no way to change a conference number within TMS yourself to make TMS connect the endpoints specifically to something you desire.  I tried that and got the same results as you, TMS will always use whatever it has auto generated for the route.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: