cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Directory URI field in ldap directory to another field like userid or extensionAtribute2

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

It is possible to map our Ldap field Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Fields Directory URI to another field of AD different from mail or msRTCSIP , ie, it is possible to change the Directory URI field in our ldap directory to another field for example extensionAtribute2 that would be populated with userid@cisco.video.domain instead of msRTCSIP mail or in ldap atribute field (default fields)?

The reason is that Customer AD is already populated with the email field = msRTCSIP = Directory URI for S4B users (Lync) ,and  now  lync users will also have a cisco phone with Video and need to distinguish the two, ie the current DirectoryURI = xpto@lync.video.domain and I want the Cisco phone DirectoryUri become xpto@cisco.video.domain.
Preferably I wonder if it is possible that our User Fields Directory URI could be another field of AD different from mail or msRTCSIP, such as userid.

This is for a mixed deployment with Lync and B2B Cisco , and customer is using already Lync.

Does anyone have suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the mapping for the fields is fixed, and the custom fields are not even used by CUCM, they're used by other apps like CUACA when you sync it to CUCM for directory.

And FYI, this is the Video Over IP community, you want to move this to IP Telephony or Other Collaboration... areas in CSC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, thank you very much for your quick answer, but for me this problem appears in and hybrid (lync and cisco) collaboration environment , with several domains ,so I was thinking this was the best place to put the question. And I'm trying to understand what people usually do in similar  situations , one user with two end-points ( one cisco and another lync) with different Directory Uri , and actually AD is already populated with Directory URI for Lync end-point , not for Cisco end-point , and I’m trying to find any better way that Cisco end-point become reachable from internet without adding manually Directory Uri in Telephone Line. Maybe I can try to change domain in Expressways transforms or search rule like xpto@cisco.video.domain to xpto@lync.video.domain (because is the actual value for Directory Uri in each user).

Regards

Hi,

have you found a solution for this?

or the only option is not integrate with ldap ? 

Regards 

MC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: