Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change VCS hostname

Hello all. I need to change the hostname of a VCS-E. I know how to change it but want am interested in knowing what I may potentially break. It is currently just using a self-signed cert. My zone traversal uses the IP address. 

Any one have any insight for me?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to close the loop on this. 

We were able to change the hostname and update the DNS record while maintaining the original DNS record. This allowed us to keep all of the systems registered as we migrated. As a part of this we also installed TA certificates on the VCS pair.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Never seen a VCS-E deployment using self signed certificate. if you change name, existing certificate need to regenerated or get a new cert with the new name in the san filed . If using TLS  for travel zone, this could break the zone. 

Response Signature

You're correct, it isn't self-signed but the default certificate that is installed at installation.

Just to close the loop on this. 

We were able to change the hostname and update the DNS record while maintaining the original DNS record. This allowed us to keep all of the systems registered as we migrated. As a part of this we also installed TA certificates on the VCS pair.