cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changed to advanced security mode and now I can't login?

Scott Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

Codian MCU 4510

I entered advanced security settings and created a password for user "admin". I'm absolutely 100% certain of the new password and it was confirmed when I typed it in twice. I left the user name as admin.

Now I can't login. I get a message "Access denied - Invalid username/password"

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With Advanced Account Security Mode, if you type the admin password incorreclty three times consecutively, the account is disabled for 30 minutes.  Have you tried waiting a while and giving it another go?

Do you use TMS?  Was TMS set to use the "admin" account to talk to the MCU?  Have you updated the password in TMS so it doesn't keep trying to use the old one (and lock the account out as above)?

Another thing to try is turning the caps-lock on on your keyboard and trying the password you think it is again - just in case the caps lock was engaged when you originally typed it (ie lowercase and caps are reversed)?

All the help notes on the MCUs suggest you create several accounts with administrator access, especially when turning advanced account security mode on - did you do this?  If so, are you able to log in with one of the other accounts to reset the password on your "admin" one?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Generally TMS is the culprit here as pointed out, one of the things I've found is the Account Security setting will survive a factory reset, once you put in the network settings after a factory reset, TMS will again reach out to it with the old login/pass and can lock the system up for another 30 minutes.

If TMS is used, the Login/password should be updated there first, and then wait the 30 minutes out to attempt to regain access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: