cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Admin PW on Telepresence servers

DONNA WHEELOCK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  I need to change the Teleprence passwd on all servers in the cluster.  Does that affect any of the connections between the servers?  The CTMS or CTS Mgr?  I don't believe it does but I don't want to break anything with a simple pw change.

Thanks

Donna

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To change the password for the Administrator account (WEB GUI and OS) on CTS-Manager follow the steps here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/cts_troubleshooting/cts_trbl_psswrds.html#wp1125359

To change the Administrator role password in CTMS (WEB GUI and OS), follow the steps here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/cts_troubleshooting/cts_trbl_psswrds.html#wp1125596

*** Note: The Administrator role defined here does NOT allow SSH (shell) access to the admin command line.  Only the Administrator username created during first time setup will have access to the shell.

As you are not changing the login/password that CTS-Manager and CTMS are configured with  to communicate with each other or the account the CTS-Manager uses to connect to CUCM, you should see no connectivity issues.

When configuring the ‘User’ within the Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch for CTS Manager, note that this is the username with which CTMS web services communicates with CTS Manager. Usernames must be at least 5 characters, but not more than 64 characters in length, and can contain uppercase and lowercase alphanumeric characters and the underscore and dash characters. The following usernames are not allowed: apache, daemon, nobody, operator, and shutdown.  Avoiding using dictionary words, as I have seen where attempting to use a proper name is included in the dictionary restriction.

The ‘Password’ with which CTMS web services communicates with CTS Manager must be at least 5 characters, but not more than 64 characters in length. Passwords must contain numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters. They can contain the underscore and dash characters.

*** The ‘User’ name and password configured on the CTMS and CTS-Man need to be the same.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

-Andrew

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

What do you mean by TelePresence password?  Are you referring to the CUCM cluster?  If so, there should be an application user for CTS Manager.  If you change this you'll break the connection between CTS-MAN and CUCM.

CTMS just has a SIP trunk to CUCM; no user.

Sorry I meant to say the administrator password on all the servers on a Telepresence cluster.  I don't believe it will break of the connection but it is always better to be safe than sorry as far as that system goes.

Thanks

CTMS uses the CTS-MAN web admin username and password in order to register to it.  When you change the CTS-MAN password you'll also want to update the password under the "CTS Manager" section in CTMS.

To change the password for the Administrator account (WEB GUI and OS) on CTS-Manager follow the steps here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/cts_troubleshooting/cts_trbl_psswrds.html#wp1125359

To change the Administrator role password in CTMS (WEB GUI and OS), follow the steps here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/cts_troubleshooting/cts_trbl_psswrds.html#wp1125596

*** Note: The Administrator role defined here does NOT allow SSH (shell) access to the admin command line.  Only the Administrator username created during first time setup will have access to the shell.

As you are not changing the login/password that CTS-Manager and CTMS are configured with  to communicate with each other or the account the CTS-Manager uses to connect to CUCM, you should see no connectivity issues.

When configuring the ‘User’ within the Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch for CTS Manager, note that this is the username with which CTMS web services communicates with CTS Manager. Usernames must be at least 5 characters, but not more than 64 characters in length, and can contain uppercase and lowercase alphanumeric characters and the underscore and dash characters. The following usernames are not allowed: apache, daemon, nobody, operator, and shutdown.  Avoiding using dictionary words, as I have seen where attempting to use a proper name is included in the dictionary restriction.

The ‘Password’ with which CTMS web services communicates with CTS Manager must be at least 5 characters, but not more than 64 characters in length. Passwords must contain numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters. They can contain the underscore and dash characters.

*** The ‘User’ name and password configured on the CTMS and CTS-Man need to be the same.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

-Andrew

Thank you.  That is very helpful.

Andrew

Thanks for sharing.. Very informative !  I will rate 5 !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: