Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5300 Series MCU and Cisco SX20 Network Layer

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I would like to understand in which network layer does Cisco MCU 5300 and Cisco SX20 Fall. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

But the MCU and Video Conference are applications that run on top of the network - so they can’t be the Network Layer.  

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you able to rephrase your question to give a better understanding of what you are asking?

By "Network Layer", are you referring to the OSI Model, in which case, the devices aren't in the "Network Layer", they would be Layer 7.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

Yes I meant in which OSI Model layer does mcu and end point falls.

Are you sure it is layer 7 for mcu and end point

What do you think it should be if not 7?
Wayne
--

I think it should be in layer 3

But the MCU and Video Conference are applications that run on top of the network - so they can’t be the Network Layer.  

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: