cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8420 MCU audio warnings conference is ending

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I have been asked to determine a way to have audio prompts at the 5 and 2 minute mark before a meeting ends.  Our meetings are booked using TMS 14.4.2 and held on our 8420 media blades (4.4(3.67))  None of these meeting ever play a audio message warning about the end of the meeting, but if I book the meeting directly on the MCU itself, these warnings work fine.

When TMS books these meetings, the MCU shows under conferences what the stop time will be, so if it knows this, why doesn't it play the warning messages???  The visual warnings sent out by TMS do not work properly if the system (SX, C series, Ex series) is viewing a presentation on a single screen system.  The warning appears in the small presenter window so it is way too small to be seen.  My users would like me to have that fixed, but more importantly, they would like the audio prompts for TMS scheduled meetings.

I pasted a link below that further explains the audio warnings at conference end time.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/mcu_warnings_conference_finishing_kb_140.html 

Thanks,

Darren

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Found an old discussion that explains what you're seeing.  In short, it's by design so that TMS is the one that is tearing down the conference and not the MCU so that it doesn't cause issues.  The side affect of how TMS handles this is you don't get to use the various conferencing is ending notifications.

time-remaining-counter-mcu-conferences-page

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: