cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Codec Pro Visco camera control

HarryChua
Level 1
Level 1

We used to use Visca to control Panasonic PTZ cameras like the HE-130 from the SX80. With the new Codec Pro, is there a way to continue to use Visca control or using IP?

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The codec pro doesn't have any serial connectivity, so cannot control a Visca camera directly.  You would need to add some third party equipment in between.  (Ie, you could set up buttons for camera control on the Touch10 UI, then have an external device monitoring for these presses via the xfeedback or a macro, then trigger its own serial connection command to the connected Visca camera, or even a custom IP control command).

If you use one of the Cisco Cameras (ie Precision 60), then camera control is done by the codec over the Ethernet connection using the endpoint API.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi

Do we have a list of which Sony cameras with Visca over IP are supported with the Codec Pro?

Thanks

Harry Chua

@HarryChua wrote:

Do we have a list of which Sony cameras with Visca over IP are supported with the Codec Pro?

The Release Notes say the Sony SRG-120DH and EVI-120DH are the two that are officially supported for pairing and basic usage with pan tilt and zoom.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I just setup a Sony SRG-120DH on a RK Plus. Very limited, but I am able to move the camera around. Zoom was not working but i only just connected it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: