Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Dx80 Firmware Upgrade

Dear Friends,

I have Cisco Dx80  i need to upgrade Firmware. i have given cisco Tftp address 128.107.1.157 .

my device is not getting upgraded. pls help me with alternate way to upgrade the device it is very URGENT.

Thanks & Regards

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Madhar,

what is CUCM version?

what is the firmware version u are trying to upload and existing version?

any error message u get on DX80?

regds,

aman

Dear Mr.Aman,

Thanks for your reply . I got only the device as the cucm is in another countery so i have no idea

I have 10.2.3 version need to upgrade it to 10.5 to get express way working.

Thanks

Hi Shaikh,

As per the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/rel-notes/1025/dx00_b_release-notes-dx-series-1025.html#task_1056FA96A0B79A7B4B0C149D6BD421C5

Install Firmware ZIP files

If a Cisco Unified Communications Manager is not available to load the installer program, the following .zip files are available to load the firmware.

Firmware upgrades over the WLAN interface may take longer than upgrades that use a wired connection. Upgrade times over the WLAN interface may take more than an hour, depending on the quality and bandwidth of the wireless connection.

Procedure
    Step 1   Go to the following URL: http:/​/​software.cisco.com/​download/​navigator.html.
    Step 2   Choose Collaboration Endpoints > Collaboration Desk Endpoints > Cisco DX Series.
    Step 3   Choose your device type.
    Step 4   In the Latest Releases folder, choose 10.2(5.60).
    Step 5   Download the relevant zip files.
    • For Cisco DX70: cmterm-dx70.10-2-5-60.zip
    • For Cisco DX80: cmterm-dx80.10-2-5-60.zip
    • For Cisco DX650: cmterm-dx650.10-2-5-60.zip
    Step 6   Unzip the files.
    Step 7   Manually copy the unzipped files to the folder on the TFTP server. See Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide for information about how to manually copy the firmware files to the server.

HTH

Manish

Dear Manish,

Thanks for your reply i have downloaded this is file inmy labtop and make my labtop as TFTP server , still it dont take file from my labtop tftp server all antivirus and firewall is disable i can ping each other.

I use another method and it change android to Telepresent version 8.3.

not i need to rivert back to android.

Thanks 

Hi Madhar,

Never tried this procedure for DX. Suggest u upload files to CUCM and then, try.

regds,

aman

Hi Madhar,

From the above post, it looks that currently the DX80 device is running CE 8.3 while you want it to be on latest Android which is 10.2(5.215)ES.

As you have only one device, you can do the conversion from it's Web GUI in below steps:

1.Firstly, downgrade it to CE 8.2.x using following file :

Collaboration Endpoint Software for DX80 and DX70   
    s52040ce8_2_1.pkg

2.Then simply upload below file to the device and it will convert into Android software  10.2.5-213 :

CE8.2.x to Android 10.2.5-213 conversion software for DX80 
    dx80.ce8.2.0-syn213.rel.pkg

You can download above mentioned .pkg files from below link :

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286267308&catid=280789323&softwareid=282074288&release=CE8.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

You can refer the page 13 of this guide to perform the conversion :

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx80-dx70-convert-between-CE-android-based-software.pdf

Release has been deferred, can't be downloaded any longer

Someone has a copy?

Thanks

Martin Koch
    VIP Alumni
    VIP Alumni

The question would be what do you try to archive?

The ip mentioned is for the Cisco "(mostly) Touchless Service for Endpoint Cloud Enablement"

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx80-dx70-convert-between-CE-android-based-software.pdf (page 11)

This would upgrade your system if its still running on the Android load to the 

new CE based FW. (If it already has CE you can just upload the latest PKG file found 

in the software library)

If the Android2CE change is what you want you should be able to use this ip. As the usage of that IP as the TFTP fails I would guess its a firewall issue.

Try to connect the system to a connection with a open internet connection (generic NAT is fine, but not anything fancy like ALG, helper, inspection)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi,

i am facing the issue with DX80 Device with screen touch.

i want to upgrade the firmware to resolve the issue i have followed the below steps.

1. Download .zip file from Cisco.com cmterm-dx80.10-2-5-215.zip

2. Download xmldefault.cnf.xml from Call Manager TFTP Server

3. Put both the files in TFTP Server.

4. Set the TFTP Server IP Address in DX80 of my Laptop.

5. restart DX80 Device, but not picking the files from my Laptop TFTP Server.

6. in TFTP Server error i am attaching.

Please need the support.

Hi there, 

The error indicates that the location of the file in question is not found in the folder mentioned. did you configure the TFTP correctly? and did you place the file default XML file on the proper path? 

test and verify the TFTP from your PC using any TFTP client. 

Regards,

Shalid

Dear,

In the same TFTP-Root Folder I have placed in the same folder.

Hi,

Please see if there any local PC firewall enabled or not.  Did you able to test the tftp from your PC. I believe below command can verify that,  

Tftp -i <tftp ip address> get  filename;

Note:- In order to ensure that your PC has TFTP-client enabled for Microsoft Windows, navigate to Control Panel > Program and Features > Turn Windows features on or off, check the TFTP Client check box, and click Ok.

May I ask, what are you gonna achieve here?  what is the current load/firmware on your DX device? 

Regards,

Shalid