Helpful
Replies

Cisco E20 Custom Wallpaper USB

VTCpeter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded one of our E20's to the latest software TE4.1.1

Now I want to change the wallpaper on it using the USB port which should be supported according to the Release Notes but it doesn't work.

When I insert the USB stick with some images on it (jpg, png and gif files) and I go to "Menu > Wallpaper > Get custom wallpaper from USB" it keeps saying "Insert USB stick with image files to import a custom wallpaper"

Are there specific dimensions, types for the images?

I already tried .jpg, .png, .gif, .JPG and 1280x720 images.

Best regards,

Peter

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Peter,

.png in 1280x720 should be fine. One thing to make sure of is that your USB stick is formatted as FAT, I'm not sure if the E20 will be able to mount more "sophisticated" file systems.

- Andreas

View solution in original post

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Peter,

Andreas is correct. E20 only supports FAT file systems. Hence, please make sure the USB stick you're using is formatted with FAT32 or FAT and not NTFS. In the latter case, it would not be recognized by the E20.

As soon as you insert the USB, you will get a dialog onscreen to choose the wallpaper.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
Technical Lead
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Peter,

.png in 1280x720 should be fine. One thing to make sure of is that your USB stick is formatted as FAT, I'm not sure if the E20 will be able to mount more "sophisticated" file systems.

- Andreas

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Peter,

Andreas is correct. E20 only supports FAT file systems. Hence, please make sure the USB stick you're using is formatted with FAT32 or FAT and not NTFS. In the latter case, it would not be recognized by the E20.

As soon as you insert the USB, you will get a dialog onscreen to choose the wallpaper.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
Technical Lead
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

I was thinking this could be the issue but didn't tested it yet.

So yes the USB stick needs to be in FAT32.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: