cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EX90 switching from speakerphone to handset

kknapper1
Level 1
Level 1

I can't switch from speaker phone to handset without using the web interface. I can change from handset to speaker phone on the phone screen but it doesn't let me reverse it afterwards. The only option is speaker phone.

16 Replies 16

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd suggest that you try and disconnect and reconnect the Handset from the Touch 8 - some times the connector can get a little dirty and therefore not work / be recognised correctly.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I also tired unscrewing and removing the handset and re-seating it but it still won't allow me to choose it from the screen. I don't think recognizing the handset is the problem because I can go into the web interface and enable it.

What software version is the EX90?  Perhaps upgrade to TC7.3.1 if not already running that version might fix it.

Just upgraded from 7.2.0 to 7.3.1 but I still have the same problem.

Hi kknapper1,

You could solve your problem, I have the same problem and I do not know how to solve it.

It could be that it's not recongnizing the handset - on an EX90 here, without a handset connected, the web interface allows me to select Handset (or any of the other output connectors whether they're connected or not - None/HDMI/Internal/BlueTooth/Handset/Headset).

The touch only allows selection of Speaker (and Bluetooth on one with a paired bluetooth headset).

Note: the handset icon doesn't actually appear on the screen until you have lifted the handset off the cradle.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The handset becomes active when I switch to it in the web interface. The problem is I can't switch back and forth from the touchscreen.

Sumeet Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

You can perform a factory RESET of the touch panel and check if that resolves the issue, below are the detailed steps:

1. Factory reset on touch panel will not delete any unit configurations.

2. Disconnect the touch panel and then reconnect.

3. The Cisco TelePresence Touch device can be factory reset by pressing the exclamation mark for 10 seconds until it lights up.

4. Press the mute button twice. The touch panel should reboot after a couple of seconds with factory settings.

I tried a factory reset with no luck

Dear

I have a problem with handset that I can listen to other side but they can't listen to me. Is that hardware issue or configuration issue

kknapper1
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco replaced the device to resolve this.

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue on an EX60.  The magnet that informs the touchpad if the handset is on or off hook was bad.  I was actually able to confirm this by placing a different EX60 touchpad handset onto the cradle to prompt the device to go from speakerphone to handset.  I RMAed the touchpad.

Hi Darin,

I no this post is old but I also experienced a weird issue with my EX90 where the system will constantly change between the Handset and Speakerphone. The touch panel will start to freak out because it can't decide where it wants to be.

I then noticed that there is a little white dot under the speaker that tells the system the handset is not on the hook. Well this dot was starting to fade and after I used a little tipex to make it white again this resolved my issue.

I know I'm off topic but yea something to look at.

Kind Regards

That sounds more like the connector from the touchpad to the handset cradle.  There are two small screws that hold the handset cradle base to the touchpad.  I've noticed if those screws are down tight it will freak out thinking there may or may not be a handset cradle present.  Tightening down the screws usually corrects the issue.  Now only if users wouldn't slam the handset down.....