cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway MRA CTI

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

Will CTI control/features be supported on Expressway MRA?  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its on the backlog because CTI-QBE is a non-secure protocol and over MRA that's not a good idea so rework is needed on that piece CUCM and expressway so its on the  backlog no committed dates

View solution in original post

This is currently in Q1 time frame 2020 of course always subject to change but yes CTI on mra is something I have been waiting too. The issue is CTI QBE is an inherently insecure protocol so requires engineering work on ccm and expressway

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its on the backlog because CTI-QBE is a non-secure protocol and over MRA that's not a good idea so rework is needed on that piece CUCM and expressway so its on the  backlog no committed dates

Is there anything for me to follow/sign up for?  

Not at this time, no EFT for this feature yet its in the backlog not slated for 12.5 EOY

Any updates on where this is in the backlog?

Jabber + a deskphone using MRA is a great teleworker solution. My employer has switched almost entirely to cloud/SaaS based apps and I hardly ever need to fire up a VPN client anymore. The telephony system is the last piece of teleworking that still needs a VPN to fully function.

This is currently in Q1 time frame 2020 of course always subject to change but yes CTI on mra is something I have been waiting too. The issue is CTI QBE is an inherently insecure protocol so requires engineering work on ccm and expressway

any update on MRA CTI for 2020?  

I can confirm that CTI over MRA remains on the backlog for Expressway. However, it’s currently not committed for inclusion in a specific release. Unfortunately, it’ll not be available in 1HCY2020

mbaker33
Level 1
Level 1

Curious how this is tracking.  It's been a year, I am not able to get CTI to work, and also have not been able to confirm that it is/isn't supported other than threads like this.  Is CTI supported via Expressway yet?  We are on 12.5 of UCM and 12.6 of ExpressWay.

Thanks,

Mark

murphsmurf
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so X12.6 doesn't have the feature. Any updates on how this is progressing in the backlog prioritization?

With the resources at our disposal and the other business priorities, this is not committed for inclusion in one of the the next two Expressway feature releases. It is still on the backlog and tentatively planned for a release in late 2021