Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway Release X8.11.0 - Unable to Deploy .OVA Template

Colton
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

Currently deploying Webex to the organization and in the process of setting up "One Button to Push" for exchange.

Following the Pre-Requistes outlined below:Expressway-C Prerequisite ChecklistExpressway-C Prerequisite Checklist

From there I was able to download the .ova from cisco.com and I have tried both of the .ova files listed below to the same result.

Software Download ScreenSoftware Download Screen

Note that I attempted both .OVA Files listed and receive the following error each attempt.Error Message from VSphereError Message from VSphere

I attempted to turn on ipv6 and provide an IP address as a possible workaround but the same error was presented with 'true' instead of 'false'.

Any Suggestions? Stumped here since I need this connector in order to setup my Webex OBTP feature.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What client are you using to deploy the OVA?

You should be using the Flex-based vSphere Web Client to deploy the appliance,  You cannot deploy OVA files from the HTML5 vSphere Client or from the legacy Windows client.  This is a VMWare bug.  You can see "Custom template" is mentioned in the "Unupported Functionality" section of the vSsphere Web Clinet documentation at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/rn/vsphere-client-65-html5-functionality-support.html

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of ESXi are you running?

X8.10 and higher no longer support ESXI 5.0 or 5.1.

You need to be using ESXi 5.5, 6.0 or 6.5.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Good Morning Wayne,

We are currently running 6.5 but still experience the listed error when attempting to install the template.

Thank you

What client are you using to deploy the OVA?

You should be using the Flex-based vSphere Web Client to deploy the appliance,  You cannot deploy OVA files from the HTML5 vSphere Client or from the legacy Windows client.  This is a VMWare bug.  You can see "Custom template" is mentioned in the "Unupported Functionality" section of the vSsphere Web Clinet documentation at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/rn/vsphere-client-65-html5-functionality-support.html

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: