Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway Softwares

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi 

I'm new to Cisco Expressway solution, in the Cisco site there is only one downloadable file with version X8.2. 

Do we need two VMs for expressway ? (for Expressway C and E) or we can use one VM ?

Please guide 

Rgds

$

13 Replies 13

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two - the Core and Edge each have to run on their own VM. They serve two different purposes in the Expressway solution - the Core is internal and the Edge is public/DMZ.

You'll find deployment guides here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps13435/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

The run the same core software it's the licensing that differentiates one from the other.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Only I found this software on CCO

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server and Expressway series - X8.1.2 (AES Encrypted) 
s42700x8_1_2.tar.gz

Is this the latest

Also Can I use this to install expressway core and expressway edge. I know they have the same software but the license will do the function

If so, how can I got the free license or demo license at least

Thanks

On 8.1 train, yes, but we're already up to 8.2.2

Yes, the same image is used for both VCSs and both EXPs, licensing determines what they end up being.

Reach your SE/AM for demo licenses.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks

Hi,

I see the attached screen shot in a presentation which states that there is no needed license for mobile and remote users including mobile and fixed endpoints

and it is using UCM, IM&P and video and audio

Is this true that I don't need any license to get expressway working for all my users to connect with jabber from external !!

If so,, From where to get this license ?

Thanks

note: attached screen shot

Is there any answer for my question and how to get the license if this is free ?

If you have a look on CCO, and look under "All Release", you should be able to find the Virtual OVA file for X8.2.1 which you can fire up as a demo (no licence required).

Once you have the Virtual Machine built with the above OVA file, you can upgrade it with the .tar.gz to a more recent version if you wish - with X8.2.2 being the latest (and including the fixes for the "ShellShock" Bash vulnerability.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Could you post a link for this that I didn't find it

thanks

Try http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286255326&flowid=50162&softwareid=280886992&release=X8.2.1

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks again 

so I'll install the ova twice for expressway core and edge

how to define which one will be core and which one to be edge without using the license

thanks

The OVA has some basic licencing installed that'll let you do a limited amount, as mentioned previously, the software is the same for both, just a different licence key to make it a VCS-Control, VCS-Expressway, Expressway-Core or Expressway-Edge when you implement them for real (and each option gives different numbers of licenced features and call licences as well).

With the demo version, you get 1 Non-Traversal Call, 1 Traversal Call and 3 Registrations.

Wayne
--

Wayne

I'll try it

thanks a lot 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The one download can be used to create either a C or an E - which one it becomes depends on the licence keys you install.

Wayne
--

Wayne