Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISDN Link Gateway

Pooran007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing good,

I have a doubt between ISDN link & SX20 that according to document(admin guide of isdn link configuration) we need to connect LAN directly ISDN LINK & 2nd port of ISDN link used to SX20 Lan  Now my question is here that why connect to each other can we connect seperate lan for SX20 & ISDN Link & all other configuration will be same. Can we use this seperate LAN Cable.

Thanks 

Pooran

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
While it may be possible, it won't be a supported solution, so I'd recommend against it. There may be an issue with the automatic pairing to if they're not directly connected to each other.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

can i make ISDN pairing by SX20 Remote between SX20 & ISDN Link Gateway because Peripherals option is not coming in advanced setting.

please guide to me...

Thanks

Pooran

I don't know if you can do it from the Remote - I've always done it (as mentioned in the installation guide) via the web browser interface.

Edit: Make sure you have IPv6 enabled on both the codec and ISDNLink.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply..

pairing has been done via the web browser n now i m facing the issue that when i call to any cell number from SX20 then i get the error " codec is not registered with link gateway"

please reply i m waiting..

Thanks

Pooran

That message is indicating that it's not paried.  Is the web interface showing it is paired, and can you manage the isdnlink via the codec's interface and check that it is actually connected?

Any screenshots of copies of the xconfiguration and xstatus from both the endpoint and the isdnlink will assist us to help you.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: