Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IX5000 Speaker tick

STEVEN READ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have recently installed 2 x IX5000 units in seperate locations and both units experience the same issue.

Both units emit a slight "tick" or crackle noise from ALL the speakers. Initially I thought this may have been an issue with just the 1st unit I installed, but when installing the second unit (in an entirely different location) I noticed the same "tick" or crackle.

You need to be up close to the speakers to hear this properly, but once you are homed in on it, you can hear a "tick/crackle" when the room is quiet. Its quite annoying...

I've reset all of the speaker cabling and and verified all cables are connected securely etc.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Wondering If I need to go down the path on opening a TAC case?

9 Replies 9

Hi Steven,

after having some cabling issue and updating the firmware of our IX5200 12 days ago, we experience the same ticking sound at the customer I am currently working for.

What is the software release you are running on your IX5000?

Hey Christan,

Both IX5000 units are running IX.8-1-2-(12).

So you hear an electrical crackle or tick emit from all speakers every 2-3 secs?

rbrock
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue was just seen (heard) after upgrading our IX5000 to 8-1-2-1-3R-K9. 

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I just checked this in my lab and indeed there is a soft tick on IX8.1.2 that comes from the speakers every 3 seconds or so. It looks like a new issue since it goes away if you downgrade.

I filed the bug CSCva98522 to track this issue.

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco TAC TelePresence

Thanks guys for the feedback and for Tyler taking the time to run up in the lab.

I've been told that 8.2 of the code is due for release Sept/Oct.

At very least I know that I am not going mad!

Hi Steven

The new release 8.2 are available now and bug CSCva98522 have a workaround too.

Hey Guys,

Anyone have any news on the release of IX8.2 software?

Hello guys!

I have same problem with IX5000. 

Since the first setup of our IX5000, we experience ticking sound from left speaker every 1-2 secs.

We test software versions IX.8-1-2-1-3R-K9.P3 and IX.8-1-2-12R-K9.P3 and the problem persist with both versions.

I just saw on Cisco web site that a new version are available: IX.8-1-2-2-4R-K9.P3

Any one have tested this version?

According to the bug that is mentioned by Tyler above, it has yet to be fixed, and it also shows that the issue is found in the IX8.1.2.1 software which was just released.