Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber client Connect with SX20-MS

Hi,

I have a Cisco Sx20 Device along with MS feature, In this i have installed Cisco Jabberclient  in my IPAD2 integerate with CUCM8.6.

My query is if i am dialing a point to point, from Sx20 to Ipad2, it was working fine. If i am trying to establish a Multisite in the VC device, i am unable to connect the IPAD2 in multisite,Two Sx20 Devices.

Kindly suggest me, IPad2 will work on Multisite in sx20, or we required MCU to connect IPAD2 in multisite.

Regards

Mohan.J

14 Replies 14

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohan,

If I understand your correctly, you have one SX20 with MultiSite option installed, and you are dialing into this SX20 with two Jabber for Telepresence clients installed on two different iPad2s.

I just completed a test with SX20 (TC5.1.4 with MS option), and dialed in with two Jabber for Telepresence accounts to the SX20. This works like a charm (MS enabled), so this is supported and I guess you have some sort of configuration problem.

I would advise you to open a support ticket with TAC to resolve this issue quickly, or please describe the problem in more details (step-by-step) if the above scenario is incorrect.

Hope this helps,

Arne

Hello Arne,

I have an similar issue but is jabber for windows, when i put an Jabber for Windows in the conference the he drops the Jabber Client.

But if try to put an CUPC Client it works, i using an SX20 TC5.1.4.295090 MS (1+3).

I can join an EX60, 9951 and a CUPC, or an external video conference through the Internet, but when i try to put Jabber clients on the conference it doesnt work.

Any sugestions?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leonardo - Good morning.  What version of Jabber for Windows are you running and CUCM?

I'm suspecting that you may be hitting an issue on Windows Jabber Client that is causing the call to disconnect. 

I need for you to verify for me if you can, the following:

1) Where is the SX20 located?

2) Is it registered to CUCM directly?

3) On CSF file for Jabber windows client under Protocol Specific Information do you have option to "Allow Presentation Sharing using BFCP"? if so, check the box, save, apply config and reset the CSF.  Log out of Windows Jabber Client and log back in. 

4) Do this for two Windows Jabber Clients CSF Files if you can, or with two for testing purposes.

5) If you do not have this option, download admin package for Windows Jabber and upload the BFCP cop.sgn file to the CUCM and restart TFTP Service.  Recheck the CSF in CUCM. 

If SX20 is registered to CUCM, run your multisite call scenario and see if Windows Jabber drops out. Check with the two clients that you changed.  

If SX20 is registered to VCS, follow CUCM deployment Guide with VCS to make sure BFCP is enabled on VCS and CUCM SIP Trunk Profile. 

The key here is to make sure you have BFCP enabled Across the entire path, or the behavior your seeing will fail. 

@Mohan. That is interesting with the iPad on what your explaining here.  In your case, like Arne stated, its important to know the call flow etc.  Is your SX20 registered to CUCM as well?  Or is this all happening on VCS? Can you be more specific for us? 

Please let us know.  Thanks in advance. 

VR

Patrick

Hello Patrick

1) Where is the SX20 located?

Same site of CUCM 8.6.2.200000-2

2) Is it registered to CUCM directly?

Yes

3)  On CSF file for Jabber windows client under Protocol Specific  Information do you have option to "Allow Presentation Sharing using  BFCP"? if so, check the box, save, apply config and reset the CSF.  Log  out of Windows Jabber Client and log back in. 

Yes i have this option checked

4) Do this for two Windows Jabber Clients CSF Files if you can, or with two for testing purposes.

I already do, cannot join to Jabber clients

5)  If you do not have this option, download admin package for Windows  Jabber and upload the BFCP cop.sgn file to the CUCM and restart TFTP  Service.  Recheck the CSF in CUCM. 

If  SX20 is registered to CUCM, run your multisite call scenario and see if  Windows Jabber drops out. Check with the two clients that you  changed.  

Jabber always drop

The key here is to make sure you have BFCP enabled Across the entire path, or the behavior your seeing will fail. 

Thanks

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi Leonardo.  Thanks for clarification.  Can you go one step further and verify on the SX20 SIP Profile assigned that Allow BFCP For Content Sharing is checked as well? 

Yes is checked.

Thanks

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hmmm...very interesting.  If you don't mind, and I'd like to look at the log from the SX20 if its possible. 

1)Open Putty session to SX20 over SSH.  Capture the output to a text file. 

2)Once in, run:

-xcon (hit enter)

-xstat (hit enter)

-log ctx sippacket debug 9 (hit enter)

-log output on

3)Run the call when the jabber client drops out.

4)Once it fails:

-log output off (hit enter)

-log ctx sippacket debug 0 (hit enter)

If you can do this, that would be nice to see.  Ultimately seeing an SDI trace set to detailed with SIP STACK enabled would be better if you can swing it.  Otherwise, hopefully the SX20 log will help see whats going on here. 

VR

Patrick

Hello Patrick

The problem was the option of Allow Presentation Sharing using BFCP it wanst enabled on the CSF device that i was testing!

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Leonard Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

HI Leonardo.  Thanks.  So all is well with you now? 

@Mohan.  I'm going to see whats going withe iPad and let you know. 

VR

Patrick

Patrick i will make a conference between IPADs to see if this issue of Mohan happens!

Thanks again!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Thanks Leonardo.  I only have one iPad to test with.  its running version 9.1.2(20380) at the moment. 

iPad on CUCM calls C40 on CUCM - Connects

C40 calls 9951 Phone - Connects

C40 calls Windows Jabber Client - Connects

Looks pretty good. 

Hello Patrick,

It works with the i have two IPADs with Jabber 9.1.2 and IOS 6.0.1

iPads on CUCM calls SX20 on CUCM - Connects

SX20 calls 9951 Phone - Connects

SX20 calls Windows Jabber Client - Connects

SX20 calls EX60 - Connects

I make a video conference with two Jabber Windows Client and one Jabber for Ipad - ok

conference with two Jabber for IPAD Client and one Jabber for Windows - ok

conference with two Jabber for IPAD Client and EX60 - ok

conference with two Jabber for IPAD Client and external video endpoints through the Internet - OK

I have oly one issue with the IPAD and i openned a case on Cisco, about the green bar that appears on video calls with IPAD.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2173631

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi Leonardo.

Can I place a call straight from Cisco Jabber Client to a Cisco SX20 ? Do I need anything in special to configure ?

Thanks

Hello Rogerio,

You need to register the SX20 on CUCM, after that you can place a video call to a Cisco Jabber Client.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: