Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco jabber integration with External Skype for Business for IM

Hello all,

My customer have a complete video/telepresence solution based on cisco including Cisco Jabber.  With CUCM, IM&P and Expressway C and E for MRA and external video calls.  I received a request to check how can we enable the possibility to have customer Cisco Jabber users able to have IM with external (not my customer) Skype for Business users.

What solution can I propose to my customer?  Should we add Skype for Business servers on prem? on the cloud? or we should only do some reconfig on Expressway, CUCM and IM&P servers to enable this.

Any links or documents are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed

3 REPLIES 3
Enthusiast

Hello Ahmed,

Hello Ahmed,

I would suggest to go towards Cisco preferred approach to achieve the federation with office 365.

You have to enable this starting with IMP, EXPC, EXPE and including the Cisco Meeting server as interop (inter-operable and compatible with office 365)

Please refer the below link

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-9/CMS-Expressway-Deployment-Guide_X8-9-1.pdf

Refer the page number 9 to understand the architecture for this.

Regards,

Raaj

Beginner

Hello Rajkumar,

Hello Rajkumar,

I would like to know the licensing requirements on the CMS for a direct federation between CMS and Office 365. I'd like to use the CMS to act only as a gateway and not planning on creating any spaces for users in there.

Let's say I want to be able to have 4 concurrent calls between my Jabber users and SFB users. Does that imply 4 SMP+ licenses on CMS and 4 RMS licenses on Expressway?

Enthusiast

Hi,

Hi,

You would require the RMS license on EXP-E and on CMS call bridge license should be sufficient to do the transcoding.

I don't see this is mentioned in the Cisco documentation and neither its mentioned its requires any special license.

Regards,

Raaj

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here