cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber (Movi) & VCS-E does not receive video & audio

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I've a configuration with a VCS Expressway Starter pack (X7.1) where Ethernet interface 2 is connected to a internal network 192.168.x.x and Ethernet interface 1 is directly connected to the Internet (via a router of the Internet provider).

On the inside network I've a few TC5 & TC4 endpoints and a MCU. Communication from all of these endpoints to the Internet works fine for both H.323 and SIP.

I've also a number of Jabber/Movi accounts on the VCS-E.

Registering with the Jabber accounts to the VCS-E works fine from both the internal and the external networks.

Using on of these Jabber account (v4.3) on the internal or external network to communicate with the endpoints/mcu on the internal network there's no problem.

When using the same Jabber account to call another endpoint on the Internet I always have a one way communication, ie the Jabber does not get video and voice.

I've taken some network traces on the VCS-E but could not find the problem.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

rgds, Geert Folens.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Greet,

Excellent...I am glad it resolved your problem. I would  appreciate if you set the thread as answered!!

Cheers

Alok

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Geert,

- first and foremost check you don;t have inspection running on firewall..

- second when the jabber client is registered to control and calls to another endpoint in internet what happens?

- third when the jabber client registered to expressway what happens?

- are you having TURN enable on expressway ?

- is the jabber clients registering to expressway or control via some VPN tunnel ?

one way video problem could occur because of inspection modifying the setup messages!!

Thanks

Alok

Hello Alok,

No Firewall is used here.

In the mean time I did some network captures on the VCS and saw TURN negociations.

So I tried to disable TURN and this apparently solved the problem.

Video and audio communication now works in both way.

Thanks a lot for the usefull hints.

rgds, Geert.

Hi Greet,

Excellent...I am glad it resolved your problem. I would  appreciate if you set the thread as answered!!

Cheers

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: