Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber, VCS & CUCM

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have Cisco VCS control where I have registered movi clients (Cisco Jabber) provisioned by LDAP via TMS. Now I have Cisco 9971 Unified IP Phone registered in CUCM. I am trying to call from Cisco Jabber to Cisco 9971 by dialing extension configured on Cisco 9971. But its not working.

I saw below error logs of Call rejected

source SIP:abc.movi@xyz.com and destination SIP:2233@xyz.com Detail: "Not Found" and protocol TLS

Question#1: Is it possible to make video Call between Cisco Jabber & Cisco 9971?

Question#2: If possible then do I need to make search rules?

7 Replies 7

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Have you tried creating a SIP trunk between the VCS and the CUCM with search rules in place sending these calls to the CUCM?

Suggest you take a look at the VCS CUCM deployment guide - you haven't said which software versions you are running, but this is the latest one: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-10-and-X8-6.pdf covering CUCM 8,9 and 10 with VCS x8.6. See page 14 in particular; "Enabling endpoints registered on VCS to call endpoints registered on Unified CM".

If your VCS is running earlier software than that, take a look at the Cisco Deployment Guides library and select the one applicable to your deployment.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks for your reply. I can now make call but it's audio call not video. Your network is currently not capable of sending and receiving video calls.

You might need to enable the Cisco Camera and Video Capabilities as mentioned here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11309256/cisco-ip-phone-9971-video-call

/jens

Hi, Cisco 9971 can make video calls with another Cisco 9971 or CIPC with camera but not working with Cisco Jabber.

Please list the software versions of the CUCM, VCS, JabberVideo and the 9971. Also confirm there is no firewall(s) in between any of these devices.

/jens

CUCM = 7.1.5

VCS = x6.1

Jabber = 4.5

9971 = sip9971.9-4-2SR1-2

Not sure if you are hitting this:

"Cisco Unified IP Phones 9951 and 9971 One-Way Video Calls"

"Because of limitations in the H.264 video signaling standards, Cisco Unified IP Phones 9951 and 9971 may not correctly display video that is received from devices supporting resolutions greater than 640 x 480. In this case, the user sees a black video screen."

"To ensure that video from such devices displays properly on the IP phone, configure high definition phones and Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971 into different call regions and limit the video bandwidth to 384 kb/s when calling between regions."

Or if it's another incompatibility/config issue as your CUCM, VCS and JabberVideo are all running really old software; CUCM is now at 11.0, VCS is now x8.6 and JabberVideo 4.8.12 so upgrading might be an idea if at all possible.

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: