cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Video client (version 4.6) fails to send video during a multipoint calls

yamenmjendel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am using cisco jabber video for telepresnece version 4.6  client with lenovo T420. P2P video call  with the enbeded camera works fine. however during a conference call  the Jabber client does not send the video stream and the camera is not detected by the software(see attached callinfo screenshot). I looked into Jabber log files and i discovred that when a conference call is initiated i get in GStreamer file the folowing error :

decoder_h263 [taah263dec.c(640), taa_h263dec_handle_errorstates()]-> H263DEC: decoding failed (H263_DEC_ERR_TOO_BIG).

I tested also with an external camera but it is the same no video during conference calls.

has any one  before such error ? I will be thankful for ur help.

Best regards,

YM

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to use a precision hd camera?

What kind of MCU do you use? A bit strange that you use h263+ (ok, could be the low bitrate).

Do you have a codian/cicsco style mcu? Can you see that you get it to be a h264 call, does this

behave different?

We had some similar issues that some specific resolution did not seem to work, at

least when changing the default call rate in the provisioning from in our case 768 down (512) or up (1536) and it worked.

Could you try to change the bandwidth and see if this gives you back your video?

If it is like that, you could consider to escalate this thread as a service request (see right top of the page).

Please keep us updated.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

thank u for ur reply. we are using radvision MCU with h323 protocol. i changed the bandwidth setting in TMS but the result is the same, with a cisco camera the result also the same and there is no changes. however when looking to SIP trace made on the jabber client ( debug level enabled) i found that the VCS control is sending for the video stream the flowing sdp information :

m=video 52758 RTP/SAVP 97 34

c=IN IP4 192.168.41.200

b=TIAS:672000

a=rtpmap:97 H263-1998/90000

a=fmtp:97 custom=1024,768,6;maxbr=3360

a=rtpmap:34 H263/90000

a=fmtp:34 cif4=2;cif=1;qcif=1;maxbr=5120

it seems that the MCU for one reason does not advertise the H264 in his response, so at the MCU side i fixed the codec to H264 ==> As result : video call is working fine in both directions. But i am still wondering why the the Jabber client fails to use H263 or H263+ as requested by the VCS control (already supported by the software)? for the moment and for some special reasons i have to leave H264 disabled and the only way is to have the jabber client working with H263 or H263+.

do you have any idea how to do that ? is any way to change the codec attribute , i think that the problem is due to those underlined parameters. What do u think ?

Best regards,

YM

The interworking is done by the vcs and so the SDP, but the RTP is not really modified / transcoded.

I could picture that either the interworking has a bug or simply the RTP implementations are

not 100% liking each other.

Is it possible for you to have the mcu talk sip to see if the behavior changes?

Also other cameras, especially the precision hd usb could be worth testing out.

Did you check on the mcu side if there are any known bugs, available software updates, ...

Besides that, if you do not get a better answer here, you can think about

opening a TAC case and/or see if radvision also has a forum or ask their support as well.

Anyhow, keep us updated if you found the reason and/or a solution.

YM: Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify