Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Video phonebook provisioning problem

Hi!

We have an installation with

VCS 7.2, TMS 13.2.2. and a bunch of jabber video users. TMSPE is using for provisioning and etc, TMS and VCS are configured to import users from AD:

VCS in in AD domain, AD srvices is configured, Default Zone is configured as Check Credentials, Default SubZone is configured treat as authenticated. Movi users are provisioned and imported in TMS from AD - i can see them in phonebook management, Movi version is 4.5, in configuration template phonebook@asb.by(asb.by=local sip domain) is configred. The group with movi users has access and permission to search the phonebbok. The problem is that when a movi user try to search for another user - the search attempt fails - it gets nothing. However the contact he's searcing is logged in with movi and appeared in provisioned devices. For example the EX60 ep is provisioned with phonebook - it has a full ist of users (contacts) imported from AD and created locallly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you check the TMSPE diagnostics in TMS and see if the phonebook button are red.

Also check the Phonebook source activity status in TMS and see if you see any errors.

Make sure you perform a full synchronization with the TMS from the VCS (provisioning tab, click "Perform a full synch now")

Also on the VCS you can actually check if the phonebook entries exists in the VCS and that the users have access to them.

Status --> Application --> TMSPE --> phonebooks

Let me know if you see any errors relating to the phonebooks in TMS.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you check the TMSPE diagnostics in TMS and see if the phonebook button are red.

Also check the Phonebook source activity status in TMS and see if you see any errors.

Make sure you perform a full synchronization with the TMS from the VCS (provisioning tab, click "Perform a full synch now")

Also on the VCS you can actually check if the phonebook entries exists in the VCS and that the users have access to them.

Status --> Application --> TMSPE --> phonebooks

Let me know if you see any errors relating to the phonebooks in TMS.

/Magnus

Hi, thank you very much for your answer.

I've forgotten that by default vcs performs sync with phonebook every 12 hours.

Seems like everything is ok now - i can search for users in movi. I'll test a bit longer and let you know about the results

the problem is resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: