Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Video Telepresence Integration

Hi,

How are you?

I have a question, can Cisco Jabber Video register to a VCS standalone? or is it necesary also a TMS? on its data sheet it says that a requirement is the TMS but if a customer has a VCS with TP EP registered to it, it wants to enable jabber video as well on the network and wants to know if it can be done without the need to get a TMS.

can anyone help me?

please

sincerely,

Dante Verastegui

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

For a proof of concept a VCS starter pack maybe doable, but if you start with

CTS systems I would say its a nogo

You would use CUCM for the CTS systems, have the VCS-C for your internal network where

JabberVideo and MX200 can register and then the VCS-E for external/b2b communication and

maybe external registrations + TMS to manage.

As the requirement grow from each message I really suggest you reach out to Cisco (Partner). :-)

Please rate the messages using the stars below!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For simple Jabber Video deployment can be done by using VCS Expressway Starter Pack as Martin has mention already.

VCS Expressway Starter Pack has inbuilt provisioning account management feature so TMS won’t be required.

VCS Expressway Starter Pack (from version X7.1) supports MX200 as principal/provisioning devices.

You may also able to register MX200 on VCS Expressway Starter Pack as H.323 Endpoint (with H.350 enabling authentication).

For CTS series Endpoint registration, currently need include CUCM on deployment and have SIP trunk between CUCM and VCS.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For smaller deployments from scratch with no advanced internal network you could look into the

VCS Starter Pack Express:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-697075.html

This can scale up to 25 traversal calls and 50 registrations.

But if you already have a vcs in place (like it sounds here) or there is the though of management or

its just a bit more complex or specific features are required you have to use TMS&VCS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11303/ps11310/ps11328/data_sheet_c78-628609.html

where you can also read:

Cisco Network infrastructure requirements

• Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Version 12.6 or later

• Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Version X5.2 or later

For the standard deployment (tms/vcs)

In technical terms the client only registers to the vcs and also the provisioning of the setting to the client

will be done via the vcs, but the management of the accounts and the replication of these settings down to

the vcs is done by TMS, both are working hand in hand and both need to be in place.

There might be 3rd partys who can offer you Jabber Video registrations as well.

I would talk to your cisco partner or if you are a partner to cisco, they will be able to help you.

Martin

..or, there's always the free version hosted by Cisco:

https://www.ciscojabbervideo.com/home

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can the VCS Starter register Inmersive and multipurpose EP such as CTS 1300 or MX200?

They want to be able to use both of those end points to communicate with Jabber Video using the PrecissionHD USB camara.

I'll be looking forward to your reply

sincerely,

Dante V.

For a proof of concept a VCS starter pack maybe doable, but if you start with

CTS systems I would say its a nogo

You would use CUCM for the CTS systems, have the VCS-C for your internal network where

JabberVideo and MX200 can register and then the VCS-E for external/b2b communication and

maybe external registrations + TMS to manage.

As the requirement grow from each message I really suggest you reach out to Cisco (Partner). :-)

Please rate the messages using the stars below!

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For simple Jabber Video deployment can be done by using VCS Expressway Starter Pack as Martin has mention already.

VCS Expressway Starter Pack has inbuilt provisioning account management feature so TMS won’t be required.

VCS Expressway Starter Pack (from version X7.1) supports MX200 as principal/provisioning devices.

You may also able to register MX200 on VCS Expressway Starter Pack as H.323 Endpoint (with H.350 enabling authentication).

For CTS series Endpoint registration, currently need include CUCM on deployment and have SIP trunk between CUCM and VCS.

Vinod Kembhavi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a same query..

can i register Jabber client movi directly on VCS expressway without TMS provisioning.

I don't see VCS express starter pack, I have below option key,

still TMS is not installed so I want to make POC setup without TMS.

No, for VCS Expressway you will need TMS to provisioning user account and client configuration (provisioning template).

VCS Starter Pack Expressway which include provisioning feature and doesn’t require TMS to provisioning the client configuration and user account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: