Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCU 4510

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Need assistance with setting MCU 4510 with CUCM 10.X please.

I had MCU registered with VCS-C , and maged by TMS. I need to move the same to CUCM but not sure how, Should i do sip trunk on cucm pointing to mcu or make conference bridges assign to MRGL and assign to devices?

Also do i nee dto make some Route patterns and Sip Route patterns that point to mcu. I am just confuse don how the endpoints can invoke the MCU for conferences?

Thakn u and looking forward to hearing from you

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the "Deploying an MCU as a Unified CM media resource" section of the MCU Deployment Guide.  Depending on the software version of your MCU, it will depend on how you configure the MCU SIP settings so use the guide that matches your MCU software version.

MCU Deployment Guide 4.5

MCU Deployment Guide 4.4

Thanks Patrick.

but what about TMS, should i leave MCU registed in TMS the way it is? or delete it and add it again.

As currently MCU regsited to VCS-C and then to TMS, but now i am moving every thing to CUCM. so what should i do , as i be moving all the endpoints to cucm as well and want to make sure when conference booked, MCU should be invoked.

Thanks again for your assistance

I believe you would need to add it into TMS so that scheduled conferences would use the MCU, however I can't find any document to confirm that.  I know that is how one would when using Conductor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: