Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCU MSE 8510 - guest PIN doesn't work

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have few conferences setup on the 8510 blade. Each conference has the main PIN and the Guest PIN configured. When I dial into the conference, main PIN works fine but the guest PIN doesn't work.

I tried dialing in with the PIN from one endpoint, and then with the guest PIN from the other endpoint but the conference doesn't accept guest PIN. I can use the main PIN on both endpoints though.

Does anyone know what the issue may be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just tested this without 8510, no issues at all.

Can you give us a screenshot of how your conference is configured?

I had used the same Numeric ID for both chair and guest, with a different PIN for each.  When I connected as chair, I went straight in.  When I connected as guest, I went straight in, however I got a prompt saying saying on chairman to arrive or connect.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just tested this without 8510, no issues at all.

Can you give us a screenshot of how your conference is configured?

I had used the same Numeric ID for both chair and guest, with a different PIN for each.  When I connected as chair, I went straight in.  When I connected as guest, I went straight in, however I got a prompt saying saying on chairman to arrive or connect.

The issue is now resolved: Guest Numeric ID field was empty. Thanks for the advice!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: