cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server 2.4 Web bridge. Stuck on pre joining screen on IOS iphone (using safari as guest)

c_castillov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We upgraded from CMS 2.2.10 to CMS 2.4.1 and expressway from X8.10 to X8.11.3 , everything works well but we have been unable to access to meetings (spaces) from iphone as guest.

There is a new screen after entering the meeting details (meeting id, passcode and name) where video settings and access options are shown . This screen works fine in Chrome in the PC, but in iphone safari doesnt show any button or menu, only the logo, and we cant find the way to continue and join the meeting as guest using the meeting app as we did in version 2.2.10.

Does anybody know if there is a different way to access or bypass this after login screen and going directly to the meeting using iphone safari and meeting app?

Note. We need to use safari because some users have older iphones and ipads. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have a great day, 

3 Replies 3

iOS devices can only use the CMA client app (download from the Apple app store on the device).  Web support is coming in a future release as the CMA thick client will be phased out over time.  Android devices can use Chrome to access the meeting URL.

Thanks Jeremy, 

On older version (2.2.10) we connected guests using iphone safari browser. The safari browser didnt join the conference but launched the Cisco Meeting App for the guest to join, but in this new version (2.4.1) I couldn´t find the way to make it work.

Logging into the Cisco Meeting app as a user works fine so the workaround would be not joining as guest but as a logged user in the Cisco Meeting App, then dial to the Space ID (conference) put the meeting PIN and join.

I think we are going to create some guest users in Active Directory and keep changing passwords, also having the conferences protected with PIN. 

If anybody know any other way to make a Guest connection from Iphone using Safari browser (Safari launching Cisco meeting app to join as guest) would be great to know. 

Have a great day and thanks, 

Best regards, 

That process does work in CMS 2.4.2; I do have users just go to the join URL, enter the meeting ID, then Safari does a redirect to the CMA app on the iOS device.