Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server 2.5 - unable to upload file via SFTP

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

i'm configuring CB clustering on CMS. On the CMS with callbridge istance active i generated the file dbclient.csr, then i downloaded it to my desktop, and now i have to upload it to another CMS node acting as CMS master database. When i try to upload it via winscp, the CMS returns 'permission Danied' so i cannot upload file to it.

It seems the directory on the CMS i'm tryng to write (uploading the file) has read permission only. I'm accessing with admin user created on CMS (this user can perform everything)

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. 2.5 is quite old.  Perhaps you should think of upgrading when you can.  

I don't think you can take a .csr file (Certificate Signing Request) and upload that to another CMS.  I do believe CMS looks at the extension to make sure its applicable.  

If you created a .csr, you must take this to your Certificate Authority and get a certificate created.  You can take that cert and private key and upload to all your CMS's if thats what you plan to use for db client/server certificate.  

Hope this makes sense.  

VR

P2

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. 2.5 is quite old.  Perhaps you should think of upgrading when you can.  

I don't think you can take a .csr file (Certificate Signing Request) and upload that to another CMS.  I do believe CMS looks at the extension to make sure its applicable.  

If you created a .csr, you must take this to your Certificate Authority and get a certificate created.  You can take that cert and private key and upload to all your CMS's if thats what you plan to use for db client/server certificate.  

Hope this makes sense.  

VR

P2

Yes this is my experience, cannot upload .csr. I didn't experienced this behaviour in version 2.7.
thanks
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: