Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco meeting server and Microsoft teams

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We are looking at installing a CMS and Expressway C and E for external calls.

Can anyone tell me if this solution is capable of having a Video conference call with a Microsoft teams client? has anyone tested this etc?

cheers

10 Replies 10

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
CMS has not been tested with Teams audio/video interop, same with Webex. This remains on the roadmap but for now its focused on SFB (cloud and on premise)

Hi Can MS teams open a web RTC link?

Hello,

Is there any update of interoperability between CMS and Microsoft Teams ?

Thanks

Regards

I haven't heard anything as yet

Same here it shows on slides as on the roadmap but no dates plus MS is giving “preference” to its ecosystem of partners like Polycom Real connect, Blue Jeans and Pexip so not sure where the delay is.

Cisco are not currently listed as a certified partner for Microsoft Teams - see this on the Microsoft Web Site -> Cloud Video Interop for Microsoft Teams.

The Set up Cloud Video Interop for Microsoft Teams page does mention the Cisco VCS-e though - so there is perhaps some hope that Microsoft will make MS Teams will become a little easier to work with in the future.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

for my customers is also essential to be able to integrate Microsoft Teams with their Cisco infrastructures, like until now with Skype for Business.

Microsoft puts pressure on the customers to migrate from SfB to teams, so I think is very important to fill this gap as soon as possible!

Mirko

Microsoft Teams is a different beast to Skype for Business.  I believe the only currently supported interop platform (from the Microsoft side) is not a Cisco product - Pexip.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Pexip has an interoperate portal (CVI) in the MS-Teams cloud which accepts standards-based SIP and H323 endpoints.  Pexip CVI ports must be added to your MS-Teams account.  

MS-Teams meetings also accept calls from WebRTC browsers and other browsers.  CMS supports WebRTC, but I don't know if CMS could complete a WebRTC call out-bound to a MS-Teams meeting, and if that would get video and audio, or only content.

WebEx room systems with new firmware can launch a browser and use WebRTC to call to a MS-Teams meeting.

Cisco was invited to add their own CVI portal to the MS-Teams cloud, but since Pexip's CVI already supports standards based endpoints, there is no need.