cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server as Adhoc conference for CUCM

silverfank
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to register cms as conference bridge to CUCM but it doesn't register. my security sip trunk to CMS is up which i can see ping interval time.
I got this message from document

"1. Set up an incoming dial plan on the Meeting Server see the Cisco Meeting Server
Deployment Guide. For adhoc calls the rule should match against spaces."

Is it needed to configure dial plan on CMS? if so how to configure it?

38 Replies 38

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your topic, it helps a lot.

I'm also struggling with configuring ad-hoc video conferences with CMS.

May I ask you a question : is your CUCM cluster in mixed-mode or non-mixed-mode ?

I tried everything so far. Secure SIP Trunks to CMS are up, but the conference bridge still not registering.

Only one thing I didn't try and it's a question that I think legitime.

Does the CUCM cluster need to be in mixed-mode so that the conference bridge registers with SIPS ?

Since this is about registering CMS to CUCM with 5061 (I take it like an IP phone registering to CUCM with SIPS).

Is it a requirement to put CUCM in mixed-mode ? Did somebody successfully registered that conference bridge in non-mixed-mode CUCM ?

Thank you for your feedback.

I answer my own question.

No, CUCM cluster doesn't need to be in mixed-mode to make CMS adhoc work. Non-secure cluster works.

FYI, there is a CMS with CUCM Deployment Guide that provides steps for both secure and non-secure deployments.

Hello Everyone,

Below the steps to make CMS registered on CUCM.

1- Put the FQDN of CMS on the the certificate when you create on the CMS.

2- Upload the Certificate after signing it to CMS

3- Upload the same certificate to CUCM

4- Create SIP trunk (i makes a non secure sip trunk) on CUCM and put the destination ( FQDN of CMS )

5- Add the CMS as Conference Bridge.

6- enable HTTPS, and put the username and password for administration level for CMS under HTTP info

7- Put the FQDN of the CMS under HTTP info

8- It will register successfully.

Thanks,

Ahmed F.

I had the same issue and the problem was that CUCM needs to be restarted afte uploading certificates

I , i have the same problem and i already upgrade my cucm from 11.0 to 11.5.1.14900-11

to  have Cisco Meeting server in conference bridge type , i have also upgraded my  cms to 2.2.12 , and my sip trunk (with or without TLS)  is up and i have meet me conferences , but i cant never have ad-hoc cfb registered to my cucm.

how can i troubleshoot this?

Did you ensure you gave the Callbridge certificate both the "client" and "server" roles?  You usually need to create a custom certificate template for this.

Do you have the CA's root and intermediate certificates uploaded to CUCM as both Callmanager-trust and Tomcat-trust? And did you restart the Callmanager and Tomcat services after doing so?

Are you pointing to the Webadmin port on the conference bridge page?  E.g. "Override HTTP port" and enter 445 or whatever port you are using for Web Admin?

Hi , for me its solved . Was DNS problema . I had DNS 1 wrong and secondary ok , but i dont know why , but even with sip trunk registered , and meet working , cucm never resolved cms fqdn. When we put dns correctly , conference bridge registered immediatly.

Thank you very much , i learn a lot with this discussion.

Hi 

I faced the same issue and changing IP to FQDN on conference bridge resolved the issue.

Pls. ensure FQDN of CMS is configured in either in SIP or conference bridge on CUCM.

uploaded Certificate looks for FQDN of CMS while registering with CMS.