cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server configuration (scalable and resilience deployment)

li007il89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm installing cisco meeting server scalable and resilient deployment.

I have 2 WAN networks: Internet and second network, something like the Internet (with NAT configured on it). This networks can't communicate with each other.

I've installed 2 cms edge servers with webbridge, loadbalancer, turn. One server is for clients on Internet, the second one for clients in my second network.

I've turned on 2 my turn simultaneously and have a problem with that because my webrtc clients on Internet could choose turn in my second network and my clients in the second network could choose turn on the Internet and they can't send video/audio traffic to the right turn.

Which cms service can decide, which turn to use for webrtc client? I haven't got problems with the application, because, I think, application decide which turn to choose.

Can I configure webbridge to choose which turn to use?

Best regards,

Uladzimir Hryharovich

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If running CMS 2.1 and later, you can use the API to specify the Call Bridge that is associated with the TURN server.  You could specify the Call Bridge that is associated to the public Web Bridge to use the public TURN server.

Hello Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

But I have 2 callbridges in a cluster for redundancy and think if I configure first of them to use TURN server for my first public network and configure the second callbridge to use TURN server for my second public network, I lost my redundancy. Is it true? Can I somehow save my cluster redundant configuration and configure TURN servers?

If you assign a TURN server to a specific Call Bridge, you will lose redundancy because you're limiting the call to a single TURN server and Call Bridge. I'm not sure how this could be accomplished without adding more Meeting Servers, as I'm not 100% familiar with all the different deployment scenarios with scalable a resilient Meeting Server.

I'm not 100% sure it would work, but could you use split DNS?  i.e. use the same DNS name for both TURN servers, but have it resolve differently depending on which network it's in?  This would of course require the users and CMS's in each network to be using different DNS servers.

i am facing some problem the same scalable and resilience method so We are going to deploy the CMS in our client with 2 cms and 1 vm , and we are using the scalable and resilient deployment now we are going to configure CMS With our CUCM with secure sip trunk , so how many certificated required in this scenario as we are using CALL BRIDGE, DATA BASE, XMPP, WEB ADMIN, WEBBRIDGE ,

So what is the requirement of certificate as initially i am generating the certificate and verify the commands with INSPECT , MATCH is o.k but i am facing error in Certification verify , i got error so could you please help me out to close this task asap.
Thanks

Take a look at the following CMS Configuration Guides:

• Scalable and Resilient Deployment Guide
  • Certificate Guidelines for Scalable and Resilient Deployments
  • CMS with CUCM Deployment Guide

You could use the same certificate for more than one CMS component, or use individual certificates, this is mentioned in the certificate deployment guide.

and what about the integration with TMS , as we have the TMS which will communicate with CMS & CUCM kindly share the integration method with TMS with Steps .

Thanks

You add CMS just as you would add any other managed system to TMS, add it using the address you use to access the web interface, you can find directions and configuration steps in the TMS 15.3 Release Notes and TMS Admin Guides.

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

use callbridge grouping. and put each turn and Webbridge server part of that callbridge group. this way you would force the users to use that particular turn server.

by the way, if callbridge ip is reachable. then turn isnot used. it is only used when there is a NAT. 

another point to note is, when ever you put 2 webbridges, DUAL homing issue appears. you must use a loadbalancer HAproxy or F5 etc with persistent cookie insertion or source IP hash algorithm which will force the users to stay connected when http session refreshes.

HTH

AMMAR 

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: