Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server ordering and licensing

masoodst123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I want buy and deploy cisco meeting server to enable users have video conferences. anyone to help me regarding the ordering and what licenses do i need to purchase.

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

First thing you need to refer  CMS data sheets.

Data sheet:-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/meeting-server/datasheet-c78-742168.html

Regarding license, there are two license models available based on how you do  meetings. Personal Multiparty and shared Multiparty license.

Personal Multiparty(PMP)

Personal Multiparty Meetings are  per host

Shared Multiparty (SMP)

Shared Multiparty licenses for Cisco Meeting Server each support one concurrent meeting. They can be shared among any number of users, offering an effective way to use shared-room devices.

There are different CMS  hardware models available and license can be purchased by different options.

TO design a proper solution, I strongly suggest to involve a partner who is good in VOICE.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

You need either SMP or PMP(based on your meeting type) to license the conferencing features.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

First thing you need to refer  CMS data sheets.

Data sheet:-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/meeting-server/datasheet-c78-742168.html

Regarding license, there are two license models available based on how you do  meetings. Personal Multiparty and shared Multiparty license.

Personal Multiparty(PMP)

Personal Multiparty Meetings are  per host

Shared Multiparty (SMP)

Shared Multiparty licenses for Cisco Meeting Server each support one concurrent meeting. They can be shared among any number of users, offering an effective way to use shared-room devices.

There are different CMS  hardware models available and license can be purchased by different options.

TO design a proper solution, I strongly suggest to involve a partner who is good in VOICE.

Response Signature

Thank you Sir,

Do I also need a license for Call bridge functionality or it comes with the bundle?

You need either SMP or PMP(based on your meeting type) to license the conferencing features.

Response Signature

I have searched online about the pricing for the SMP license and it shows the price about 12K$, and the price for CMS1000 about 34K$ is it an accurate price?

GPL pricing will same but there are discounts based on the region,partner,deals etc. the pricing from online resources are not correct.

For actual pricing contact a local partner or a local Cisco SE.

Response Signature

Thank you Sir,

Also do I need to have Telepresence Management and suite with my CMS to schedule and manage conferences and how the TMS works? do I have to buy it separately and does it require any type of license.

Regards

Based on CMS  data sheet i can see PMP includes TMS for scheduling services and Expressway Rich Media Services.

If not included, you need to order it separately. Refer TMS data sheets.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: