cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server / TMSXE Confirmation Emails

msamadpour
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Cisco Meeting Server 2.0.6, Cisco TMS 15.3, and TMSXE 5.3

When receiving meeting confirmation email generated by TMS, we do not see any dial-in or audio bridge information. 

Attached image shows the confirmation email which only lists the SIP address, External Web Address, and Meeting PIN. 

We would like to include the IVR number and the associated meeting and PIN in this confirmation email from TMS.

NOTE: I attempted to manually create a conference including CMS, 2 video endpoints, and an external dial-in participants. This failed, as the external dial-in participants was not supported.

11 Replies 11

I haven't got TMS integrated with CMS yet, however isn't the IVR number static?  If so, you should be able to manually specify it in the email template.

TMS doesn't include the CMS IVR address in any conference emails, howevee Nick is correct, the IVR address is a single static address configured within CMS and can be inserted manually into the TMS booking invite email template. 

It appears full CMS / TMS integration is still in the works. In the meantime, I added the static entry (in bold below) for the IVR, but this still does not yield a meeting ID

<SECTION:CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS>
<p style="font-family: Arial;font-size: 15px; line-height: 1em; color: #666666; font-weight: normal;; margin: 5px 0 0px; padding: 0;">
{CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS}:<a href="<VAL:CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS>" style="text-decoration:none;color: #00AFF9;"> <VAL:CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS></a>
</p>
<p style="font-family: Arial;font-size: 16px; line-height: 1em; color: #666666; margin: 24px 0 0px; padding: 0;">
<span style="vertical-align: middle;"><b>Join By Phone</b></span>
</p>
<p style="font-family: Arial;font-size: 15px; line-height: 1em; color: #666666; font-weight: normal; margin: 15px 0 0px; padding: 0;">
Phone Number To Use <span class="boldValue" style=" font-weight: bold;"></span>
</p>

</SECTION:CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS>

Have you tried the NUMERIC_ID or VIDEO_ADDRESS variables?

I have tried NUMERIC_ID without luck. 

I opened a TAC case on this and was told that the development/application teams are still working on full integration between CMS and TMS. 

I guess we will need to wait until that time. 

I did notice that even the CMA app (Windows) does not provide an audio bridge in the outbound email invite.

While it's not pretty, you could still put something in the email template along the lines of:

"To enter via audio, call [your audio IVR number] and enter the numbers from the SIP address above when prompted for the meeting number"

I agree, not the prettiest solution, especially when rolling out Enterprise wide and to external customers. 

I have been assured by Cisco that this is in the works. I would assume in the next release of TMS/TMSXE that we would see something like this rolled out.

Hi msamadpour,

I had same problem. I have open TAC case and TAC engineer adviced me to use variable <VAL:NUMERIC_ID> to put Meeting-ID into your email template.

What is IMPORTANT to know: Such optional variable is available inside a <FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS> section.

If you will not put it into this section it will not work ;)

See pages 238-239 of TMS Admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-15-5.pdf

Hope it will help you.

Tomas

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

i am not sure about TMS. 

but if you have branding license on CMS . you can customize the invitation template to include IVR as well as public IP address, Then using API you can point CMS to this new template.

all WebRTc and CMS App users can use that template.

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

ar715x0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having CMS with TMS/TMSXE for scheudling meeting. In CMS, I have configured Webbridge so that external clients can join the meeting via browser. And also in TMS ,  I have updated the WebBridge URI field under general section ( CMS ).

When I schedule the meeting from TMSXE, I am getting email with Join Using Telepresence but Join Using Web Browser section is not hitting.

Is there any configuration needs to be done on TMS/TMSXE or CMS so that <SECTION:CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS>  will be executed. 

Please help me.

You need to add the Web Bridge URI into TMS under Systems > Navigator > CMS > Settings.