cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server - Video and Content send as one channel

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1

We have this weird issue, that started yesterday.

I was testing with a client, when using my MCU the content and video comes through on the same channel. We normally have dual displays in our environment and when doing calls the content should come through on the second screen.

When doing a point to point call this is not an issue, we did not make any changes on the CMS so not sure how this just starts happening.

CMS version: 2.1.4

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mention both CMS and an MCU - do you have both and are asking why one is different from the other, or just the CMS?  

If it's the MCU, there is a setting there is a "Content mode" setting that you can set as follows per conference:

• Disabled: The MCU does not transmit content.
  • Passthrough: The MCU does not transcode the content before transmission. The data is simply repackaged then sent to endpoints that support the original codec.
  • Hybrid: The MCU sends a passthrough stream to eligible endpoints, and a transcoded stream to other endpoints that advertise support for the Outgoing transcoded codec.
  • Transcoded: The MCU decodes the incoming stream and re-encodes it using the Outgoing transcoded codec, before sending it to all endpoints that support the Outgoing transcoded codec.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hey Wayne,

Sorry by MCU I mean CMS.

Like I said this was still fine one Friday and Yesterday when I was doing tests with a client I started noticing this. Now for some reason, all my call to the CMS bridge does not do Dual Stream.
Tried using an SX80, MX700 and SX20 and the problem persists.

Make sure that "Presentation video channel operations" is set to allowed under Configuration > Call settings.  If it's set to prohibited, CMS will send video & content in a single stream instead of dual streams.

Something else to check is via the API on the /callLegProfiles node is that presentationDisplayMode is set to dualStream and not singleStream.

Hey Patrick,

Please note all these settings have been checked and is definitely set to what you specified. We use TMS to schedule the calls and Acano Manager to monitor the calls.

I have now even upgraded to Software Version: 2.2.9
And the issue is still present.

Perhaps enable sip traffic tracing on CMS server and see if BFCP is being offered between the two.  If you are not cascading to another MCU or server, perhaps verify you have it set to server role only vs server and client role.  Otherwise, we may need to see a sip trace if possible. 

Hey Guys,

So after some more testing, it seems this issue only happens with Spaces that was created by Acano when doing an LDAP import. The good thing is when doing a scheduled call using TMS this issue does not occur. I have created new Cospace Templates for my Spaces that gets created by Acano but the issue still persists.

The good thing is,my TMS bookings work as it should and that is my main concern. Still not quite sure how no changes was made and then suddenly this issue started.

Thanks again for the inputs.

Thanks for the info.  Still curious though.  You say you use Acano Manager to monitor calls, is it also doing the import for you as well?  

Under one of the spaces that show this problem, can you do a API GET on /api/v1/cospaces/<cospace id here>

Provide the output here?

Does the space show a calllegprofile under this space?  If so, can you do another API GET on /api/v1/callLegProfiles/<callLegProfile id here>. 

Provide the output here? 

Could be that the template used in AM may be turning this off, if AM is creating the spaces.  Just a theory.  Would help to see the above if possible. 

Or, you can place a call to a space having this problem:

1) Find the callleg on the server (API GET to api/v1/calllegs)

2) Then do a API GET on /api/v1/callLegs/<callleg id here>/callLegProfileTrace

3) Provide output here. 

This should tell you which calllegprofile ID its using and what the parameters are.  Could be something here that is turning off presentation channel.  

Just a hunch though.  May be worth checking. 

VR

P2