Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mic Extension question?

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a client that has a Cisco SX10 that is using a Cisco mic with 1 extension cable.  They need to extend the mic even further into the room, can a second Cisco mic extension kit be added to extend the length?  If yes, are there any limits to the # of Cisco mic extensions that can be used in a single mic cable run?  Thanks for your time. Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The extension cable was designed to support only one length of 10 meters.  Adding additional lengths may not work properly due to voltage drop.

If you need more length, I recommend making or purchasing a non-Cisco cable that is made using good quality 22 AWG 4 Core shielded audio cable and quality connections.  This should work fine up to about 40 meters.

If you need to extend further, I'd recommend using a third party mic with quality balanced audio cable (and conversion hardware), in which case you should be able to go up to 300m with high quality gear.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The extension cable was designed to support only one length of 10 meters.  Adding additional lengths may not work properly due to voltage drop.

If you need more length, I recommend making or purchasing a non-Cisco cable that is made using good quality 22 AWG 4 Core shielded audio cable and quality connections.  This should work fine up to about 40 meters.

If you need to extend further, I'd recommend using a third party mic with quality balanced audio cable (and conversion hardware), in which case you should be able to go up to 300m with high quality gear.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.