Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MOVI HELP

Hossam Al-kurdi
Level 1
Level 1

Dears ,

I have Cisco VCS Starter Pack that is implemented in my office with Dual network interface but im using only one Network port and its nated to a static public ip address and i have c60 end point that is regesterd to the vcs  ,and i can access my VCS from the internet via the public ip address or FQDN anyways i have one cisco MOVI that installed in my house , i have follwed cisco vcs starter pack deployment guide and i manged to rigester my movi to the VCS but when i try to call the C60 end point i can see the call is connected but i get no audio and video ,,,

Please note  that im not an expert here , is there any other configuration like CLI commands that has to be there Please advise i only Followed the Deployment Guide

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The provisioning does not have an internal external model like you would have with TMS.

So you would also need a split DNS if you would like to use both interfaces with provisioning.

But when you deploy it proper also a model with external ip (with or without NAT, but always

connecting to the external ip) and the second interface in the internal network.

I would just use the public ip directly on the first interface and connect with all clients to the public ip.

(If your router supports to connect to the outside IP via NAT that should also work).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you use the dual interface option with NAT all voip communication to that interface needs to

go to the external IP, if you try to connect to the local ip of the VCS you will experience what

you described now, no video.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your reply , so what do you suggest ?

Should i use one interface localy and the other interface give it the static public ip address ?if i do that how can i make the calls to go to the external one .and should the C60 be regestired to the external one or the internal one ?

The provisioning does not have an internal external model like you would have with TMS.

So you would also need a split DNS if you would like to use both interfaces with provisioning.

But when you deploy it proper also a model with external ip (with or without NAT, but always

connecting to the external ip) and the second interface in the internal network.

I would just use the public ip directly on the first interface and connect with all clients to the public ip.

(If your router supports to connect to the outside IP via NAT that should also work).

Dear Martin ,

I have connected my laptop to VPN and the call is working fine to countries like the US or anu other countries which they don't have restrictions ,, so im sure now that our service provider is blocking the media ports and we called them and they confirmed that ... so thank you for your help and support

Hello Hossam!

It might be that udp port are blocked or that some other things kick in.

I did not test how well ice/turn work with the starter pack.

But just for the understanding, the VCS has some mechanism when it

is a call where the VCS is handling the media and some where it allows the

client to send media directly to the remote site. (Local vs. Traversal calls).

You could check if calls which have a problem show up as local calls.

Anyhow, good that you found a workaround with the VPN.

Thank you for setting the message to answered, thats important here as well +5stars for you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: