Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MX 700

akshay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people,

I have a MX 700 set up for a client, registered to the VCS with the speaker track camera. I have 2 issues with it. The first one is I am not able to add another participant if I wish to do a multiway call. The add a participant option does not appear on the touch pad. The second thing is I cannot get my presentation on the second screen of the unit.

Thanks,

Akshay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Akshay,

Do you have the Multisite option key installed?

And what version of software is the system running?

-Jonathan

*edit Multisite from Multiway

Second Edit - MultiWay is not supported on the SX80, MX700, and MX800.  You would need register them to CUCM, and a CUCM Media Resource takes the place of adhoc escalation instead of Multiway.  Or you can use Multisite with the option key installed to host endpoints on the MX700.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Akshay,

Do you have the Multisite option key installed?

And what version of software is the system running?

-Jonathan

*edit Multisite from Multiway

Second Edit - MultiWay is not supported on the SX80, MX700, and MX800.  You would need register them to CUCM, and a CUCM Media Resource takes the place of adhoc escalation instead of Multiway.  Or you can use Multisite with the option key installed to host endpoints on the MX700.

Jonathan covered the multisite question, on your other part if you are not seeing the presentation on the second screen, my guess is that somehow the unit got factory reset and is not set to have dual monitors. Do you see the preso on the first one and the second one always stays dark? If so that's an easy fix. Go into system configuration, video, and in the first section you should see an option for "monitors", my guess is yours says single. Change it to dual, click save, and you should be all set. 

In addition to what is said above, if you'd want to set it up so that you have the remote site on the left monitor and the selfview on the right (as it might not be setup currently), you'll want to do the following:

Configuration Video Monitors: Dual

Configuration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: On

Configuration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second

akshay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It does not have the multisite option key installed. I have moved the MX 700 from the VCS to the CUCM. Is there a way to get the add participant soft key on the touch panel?

Regards,

Akshay

fletcherbunales
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded our MX700 to 7.3.3, and now the multiway option is available under Conference-->Multipoint Mode.  It wasn't available on 7.1.4.

Just to clarify.

Initially this feature was not supported on the SX80/MX700/800 and that was also the intention going forward. But in order to support current deployments Multiway was introduced for these systems in TC7.3.0 (see the release notes). In CE8.0.0 MultiWay is discontinued, replaced by ad-hoc conferencing as outlined by Jonathans post. 

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: