Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager and TMS 13.2

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

I have set up a credentials profile for TMS in Collaboration Manager and the SNMP service is configured and running in TMS. (TMS 13.2)

When doing a test connection from Collaboration Manager to TMS, HTTP connection passes and SNMP connection fails.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also does anyone know when E20’s will be supported in Collaboration Manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Configured the TMS as mentioned in CPCM 1.1 Deployment Guide, section 4.4.1 Preparing Cisco TelePresence Management Suite and it got added sucessfully.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Haydn,

Do you have any other SNMP server running. Please check the following :

1. Make sure no other SNMP tool is running on the server, like HP Openview or other server/network monitoring tools using Microsoft Windows’ SNMP Component.

2. Check the logs for symptoms or error messages at c:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwTMS\Data\Logs\tmsdebug\log-watchdog.txt on the server.

3. Restarting the service or the TMS server will normally fix any problem with this service.

Please check these and update with the results.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir

1: The TMSsnmp Service is the only SNMP service that is currently running on the server. (See screen shot)

2: There is no Log file named “log-watchdog.txt” in the directory you gave above. (See screen shot)

3: I have restarted the TMS snmp service, I can’t the whole box at the moment.

Hi Haydn,

Its strange to see that there are no logs of the service. SNMP was formerly known as a TMS Watch Dog Service. If there are no logs for the service, I would suspect that something is wrong. Here are the steps which you can find in the admin guide to configure the SNMP service :

This service should be turned off if you have TMS set to HTTPS only. For more information, see TANDBERG TMS Implementing Secure Management.

The service

• collects traps from the endpoints and adds them directly to the database.

• is responsible for broadcasting SNMP messages to discover newly added systems.

1. To specify the sub ranges for where TMSSnmpService searches for new endpoints, go to Administrative Tools > Network Settings > SNMP Broadcast/Multicast Address(es).

2. To specify the SNMP Broadcast Interval, go to Administrative Tools > Network Settings > SNMP Broadcast Interval (in minutes). TANDBERG recommends setting SNMP Broadcast Interval to broadcast 2 times a day depending on video network size. Define multiple scan ranges by comma separating the ranges. By setting the Broadcast/Multicast Address value to 127.0.0.1, TMS will not scan for new systems via SNMP broadcast.

To quickly find which systems are online, you can use the TMSSnmpService and send SNMP Oid queries to systems that:

1. are known to TMS

2. supports SNMP

3. do not have status “No Response”, “No SNMP Response” or similar

To enable this feature

1. Go to Administrative Tools > Network Settings.

2. Turn on the function Scan SNMP capable systems to allow quick discovery of inaccessibility

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

All of the above has been done.

TMS:

CPCM:

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't know the Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager and how it communicates with Cisco TMS, but what do you see if you run Wireshark on the TMS server? Do you receive SNMP traffic from the Collaboration Manager, and does the TMS reply with anything useful?

-Kjetil

I have run a wire Shark trace but I do not see any communication between CPCM.

HTTP connection between CPCM and TMS is working and I also don’t see that.

SNMP I see nothing.

I have logged a TAC call and they are doing a Lab recreate.

Will keep you all updated.

Hi Haydn,

Have you verified that the windows firewall on the TMS is allowing communications on UDP port 161 and 162?

Thanks,

Paul

HI Paul

There is no firewall between CPCM and TMS.

Both applications are running on the same physical server but each on a separate VM

Windows internal firewall is disabled and antivirus firewall application has not been installed on both VM's.

Configured the TMS as mentioned in CPCM 1.1 Deployment Guide, section 4.4.1 Preparing Cisco TelePresence Management Suite and it got added sucessfully.

Hi, As informed earlier I had followed Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager 1.1 deployment guide,section 4.4.1 from page 10, Preparing Cisco TelePresence Management Suite and TMS got added sucessfully.

Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager 1.1 deployment guide can be found in

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6491/ps11433/ps11480/guide_c07-692764.html

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

Thanks for the assistance.  This had the info necessary to get my issue resolved.

Hello All,

I am also having this issue.  I see that this discussion has the status if Answered however I do not see solution that "mahkrish" provided in the thread. Can you provide the answer with more details? 

Thanks for the assistance.

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks.

Now I just need to sort out the false readings I am getting from systems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: