cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Profile 52/55 Dual - displays video on only one screen after software upgrade 7.1.4

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've upgraded the Profile 52/55 Dual system to TC 7.1.4 and it no longer shows video on both screens during a conference. It displays content on the second screen fine. It worked in version 6 so I wonder if something changed in the software or the endpoint requires some additional configuration.

I've checked settings under Configuration > System Configuration > Video > Monitors and it's set to Dual. I've changed it few times and set it back to Dual but this didn't resolve the issue. I can't see any dual screen option key added under system information but I assume it has a dual screen option hence it's a dual screen system.

Do I need to change any settings?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has changed the way the layouts behave after TC6 on C-Series systems. If you want your system to behave the same way an older Tandberg MXP used to work (full screen far end on one screen and full screen selfview on the other) you can do the following telnet commands:

xconfig Video Monitors: Dual

xconfig Video CamCtrlPip CallSetup Mode: Off

xconfig Video SelfviewDefault Mode: Off

xconfig Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second

xconfig Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: On

I had alot of customer complaints after the upgrade and these commands have been tested over by Cisco and I've applied it to alot of my customers and it works.

Hope it helps your case

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has changed the way the layouts behave after TC6 on C-Series systems. If you want your system to behave the same way an older Tandberg MXP used to work (full screen far end on one screen and full screen selfview on the other) you can do the following telnet commands:

I had alot of customer complaints after the upgrade and these commands have been tested over by Cisco and I've applied it to alot of my customers and it works.

Hope it helps your case

As Steve has said, starting TC6 onward Cisco changed how selfview behaves and it threw everyone with dual screen codecs for a loop.

At minimum the following two changes would need to checked:

Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second

Video SelfviewDefault FullScreenMode: On

All of our systems have dual displays, and we had to make these two changes on all of them.  It's also documented in the TC6 release notes, can't remember the bug ID it's under.

Hi

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but I have a similar problem but with a different software version.

I have an MX700 running TC7.2.1 and I cannot no matter what I do with the options get the second monitor to show self view.

I have been told that full screen self view is not supported any more; however the options would seem to suggest otherwise.

I have ensured the settings on the system are as detailed in this thread but I still don't get the full screen self view on second monitor, any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Think with Portals

I have been told that full screen self view is not supported any more; however the options would seem to suggest otherwise.

Don't know who told you that, working for me just fine for me.

What happens when you turn on selfview using the remote, where does it show on the screen, and if you try to change any of the selfview settings in the configuration, what happens?

Hi Patrick

Thank you very much for your response.

The system doesn’t have a remote control as such, it’s an MX700 so it has the 10inch touch panel, I had some engineers onsite attempting to bring the self-view image up using the panel but the only image that they managed to retrieve was a self-view PIP on the main image.

If I change the self-view settings in the configuration nothing appears to happen on the codec, the second monitor will only display the presentation, it’s as if the system is stuck in dual screen presentation only, even though when I set the system to dual screen, flick it back to single screen, set it to dual screen, back to the same situation no image unless there is a presentation being sent.

I have ensured that these settings are forced on the system

But no matter what I do I am unable to get the behaviour that I expect, this is why I have posted on this forum, I seem to think that the problem may be related to a software bug, however I am unable to downgrade as that would stop the control panel from working (this system doesn’t have a remote), and I see no mention of a second monitor issue reading the release notes, I have checked the online bugs and cannot find anything there either. so I am wondering if someone in Cisco has any idea as to what is happening here.

I thought about trying to use TC console to see if I could force a layout via this tool / or at least see what layouts are on the system, however the TC console version 6 will not connect to this system (I think this is more firewall related than system, as standard telnet and ssh attempts fail also).

Again I appreciate any and all assistance provided greatly, I am completely baffled as to what is happening here.

Cheers

Think with Portals

On the touch panel, what happens if you try to select and drag the selfview pip to your second monitor?

Hello david,

I checked in the lab and able to get the selfview full screen on the second display; however; once done it always stays there. There was a bug filed in TC6.X

CSCue74341

This is the workaround suggested :

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second
xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode:on

Works on TC6.0.0 to have selfview in fullscreen on the second monitor.

Fullscreen selfview on both monitors is not possible as of TC6.0

Access the codec using web interface

Configuration >> System configuration >> Video >> Selfview Default >> Full screen mode: On >> Mode: On >> OnMonitorRole: Second >> After making the changes save the settings >> Disconnect the call >> make a call again>> If still see the problem adjust the selfview using touch panel.

I am sure this must fix the problem.

Hi abhispal

Thank you for your response I have finally managed to resolve the problem.

The mistake I was making is attempting to configure the options via the web interface, I could not connect to the unit on either telnet or SSH, I however used a different network link so that I could SSH into the codec and turned on dual monitor via that method and the system appears to be working as expected now, how bazar, I thought the config from the web interface would be the same as from the API, oh well live and learn.

Main note “make config change in API”

So the best suggestion should some one have the same problem as myself, it to ensure the commands are entered via the API.

Cheers

Think with Portals

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

We tried this and it seems to work perfectly

xconfig Video SelfviewDefault Mode: On 

Kind Regards

Luke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: