Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room kit plus multisite option

danny.yf_li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco WebEx Room Kit plus video endpoint has 3+1 multi-site option which enables the embed MCU feature on Cisco WebEx Room Kit Plus.. Does the embed MCU support H.323 and sip endpoints joining the conference simultaneously? Or all endpoints should use the same protocol? Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

I just tested this in my lab and i am able to conference one H232 endpoint and one sip endpoint without any issue.

So the answer is yes for your question.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

I just tested this in my lab and i am able to conference one H232 endpoint and one sip endpoint without any issue.

So the answer is yes for your question.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thank you Anurag

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will only be able to have a combination of H.323 and SIP endpoints in the conference if your endpoint is Dual Registered, or if your call control platform can do the interworking for you.   Note - if you had an ISDNLink adaptor, you could even add a H.320 call too.

As long as the endpoint it capable of calling the protocol, it can be included in any call whether multisite or not.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Could you please provide more details on the multisite option? I see that you stated that as long as the endpoint can handle the protocol, that they can call in to a session. Could you tell me what the multisite option offers? And what does '4-way embedded conferencing capability' mean.. .that only 4 endpoints can call in? 

Thank you!

Four way multisite means that your system can handle a video call with up to four endpoints, including itself, no external MCU required. This does not mean four units can call in - three units can call in to the one with the Multisite option, that unit itself is the fourth system. 

If you do a search in the Community you will find many threads about the Multisite Option Key.

It gives the endpoint it is installed on the ability to host calls that have up to 4 (including itself) participants - hence the "4-way capability".  The "embedded" bit refers to this being hosted on the endpoint, rather than being an external bridge such as a MCU/TelePresence Server/Cisco Meeting Server/etc. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.